The Business Intelligence Marketing Manager serves two related roles – the analytical support function for the organization as well as the insights management. The primary responsibility is to manage all data and research analytics projects in the marketing department that have inter-departmental dependencies or are operations based. This would include managing internal and external data sources, modeling, pricing elasticity structures, aiding in the budgeting and forecasting process as well as providing analysis on marketing performance as well as being the lead person for all primary research projects.
- Participate in the design and implementation of market intelligence research and analytical projects that help management fulfill strategic business operations and drive increased conversion & retention at targeted areas of the lifecycle funnel.
- Manage lead generation campaign testing including but not limited to online display (A-B testing), and SEM/SEO optimization.
- Manage site path analysis projects that result in optimization of the entire funnel from acquisition thru conversion to engagement and retention.
- Monitor and optimize results.
- Involves vendor management and artwork assessment of various campaigns.
- Provide analytical support to the department, analyzing monthly, yearly and ad-hoc campaign data.
- This position develops or modifies moderately complex information systems to increase effectiveness of information systems for end users.
- May provide direction and support to less experienced analysts to orient them and increase their understanding of more complex business analysis functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required. An ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task with various assignments.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs, evaluating and implementing internal controls related to compliance, documenting procedures, and defining scope and objectives.
- Work with data to develop reports to support marketing initiatives, create Excelspreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations of results and analysis for dissemination to executives.
- Aggregate external data (comScore, Hitwise, economic data, competitor data) and correlate with internal metrics.
- Help uncover key drivers that correlate to conversion.
- Help recognize high opportunity customer segments.
- Help identify user behavior that can help improve retention opportunities by segment.
- Help drive improvements in yield and AOV (Average Order Value) over multiple lines of business.
- Support ad-hoc test projects from campaign strategy to execution.
B.A. in business, economics, database management, or social sciences required.
3-4 years experience in market research, strategic insights, analytics, pricing, email or direct marketing experience.
3 years experience with research and quantitative analysis technologies such as Microstrategy, SAS, SPSS or R.
3-4 years demonstrated experience in lead generation campaign analysis and optimization including SEM/SEO, display and retargeting.
Proven experience in path analysis and insights that directly led to significant incremental increases in leads, conversion and/or engagement of users.
Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills a must.
Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
2-4 years of experience of business analysis or a related area required.
B-C Experience required.
Startup experience required.
Empowered Careers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Empowered Careers - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard