This position is responsible for a full range of activities to assist in the development and application of testing standards and measures for the Heartland Payment Systems Business Intelligence reporting solution. This individual will analyze and gather data in support of test planning and execution. Additional activities include writing test plans and scripts, tracking defects and executing test cycles within the Quality Assurance test environments. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills while carefully testing in order to maximize the quality of all production software installations.
- Collaborate with Developers and Business Analysts to understand new functionality in order to develop, maintain, and execute quality assurance test cases and scripts.
- Develop and maintain both manual and automated test scripts for testing of the HPS Business Intelligence suite, to include user interface testing, database, report, and file testing.
- Execute test cycles within the Quality Assurance test environments.
- Document test results and report findings to management.
- Report, track and determine priority of reported bugs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business and functional requirements and translate them into testing requirements.
- Well-versed in all testing methodologies (white vs. black box, system vs. functional).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Detail-oriented and a problem solver.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, drive projects to completion, and track issues and actions as necessary.
- Experience using bug tracking tools and visual source safe products a plus.
- Three or more years of Quality Assurance test experience.
- Experience testing in a software development environment using Agile/ Scrum.
- Two or more years of issuer or merchant acquiring bankcard experience is preferred.
- E xperience with Microsoft SSRS, MicroStrategy, or other reporting suite is preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Physical Requirements : Those required in a typical office environment including sitting most of the time, finger dexterity for computer and paper work, talking to convey detailed or important instructions, average hearing for normal conversations, and average visual acuity.
Working Conditions : No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the associate or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
This job description is not intended to fully and completely describe all duties of the position. The incumbent will be required to complete other duties not specifically described herein as required by their supervisor.
Heartland Payment Systems is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Heartland Payment Systems was named one of Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT 2012"
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing, gift marketing and loyalty programs, payroll and...