Overall Job Purpose: This position serves as the primary liaison between end users and the Business Intelligence Team. The individual must be able to work with end users to capture business needs in a variety of disciplines (Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, HR, etc.). The position will be involved in capturing functional requirements, assisting in data warehouse data model build, and assisting with end user reporting and training. The individual should be able to quickly analyze requirements for a business/functional area and be able to translate these into technical requirements for the Business Intelligence team. This includes identifying potential data sources, reporting and analytical needs, recommended business process changes, and updates to associated applications.
This position must maintain the confidentiality of protected health information utilized in the course of job duties, in accordance with HIPAA regulations and company procedures, as well as other confidential data which may be encountered as part of the job duties.
Required Education & Experience:
- Business requirements analysis:
- Understand functional business processes and interview end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance.
- Recommend appropriate scope of requirements to BI Team, management, and data owners.
- Data modeling:
- Assist in Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) data model build.
- Create enterprise and custom views, along with stored procedures.
- Validate that the data warehouse meets requirements and service-level agreements.
- Help assess and identify potential data sources.
- Work with architects to translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Training/Assisting users:
- Train users on creating and updating Business Object reports.
- Assist users in creating reports, ensuring they are acquiring skills and knowledge of the Data Warehouse and Business Objects reporting.
- Business Objects Universe and Report building:
- Understand functional business processes and capture business needs from users.
- Able to consider the enterprise view of the Data Warehouse and ensure Business Objects universes are built and maintained consistently (ensuring that universes built fit overall functional areas (Operations, Finance, etc.).
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other non-specified business related field.
- Data Warehouse design (5+ years)
- Business Intelligence Report design (5+ years using Business Objects or other BI tool)
- SQL experience (5+ years)
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience training end users
- Experience using data warehouse or analytical tools for business purposes (5+ years)
- Knowledge of key data warehousing principles and processes
Position will report to: Enterprise Business Intelligence Manager
- Familiarity with Ellipse Financials
- Familiarity with Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) applications for Asset Intensive Industries
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies
- Familiarity with Financial Reporting tools (OFA, Hyperion, or SAP BPC)
- Familiarity with key Financial disciplines (GL, FA, AP, AR)
- Familiarity with ETL processes using SAP Data Services, Informatica, or Microsoft SSIS
- Experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or other data warehouse platforms
We know our employees determine our success. At Arch Coal, we attract and retain America’s top talent through:
Arch Coal is a relevant, responsible, and growing Fortune 1000 company providing America with an indigenous, secure, and ever-increasingly clean fuel source. Arch has amassed numerous national and international awards for the innovative use of new technologies, including Business Week's Web Smart 50, CIO's Bold 100 and multiple InfoWeek awards.
- Competitive base salary
- Employee Incentive programs
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 6% of base salary
- Free covered parking
Don’t stay in the dark. Learn more about Arch Coal, our culture, and our contributions to securing America’s future by exploring our website.
Qualified candidates interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and voluntary identification form to Arch Coal, Inc. One CityPlace Drive, Suite 300, St. Louis, MO 63141 or by email at Careers@archcoal.com by 4/4/2013.
Arch Coal Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard