Business Intelligence Software Engineer
BENTEK is an energy market information, analysis and decision tools company based in the heart of the Rocky Mountain Front Range, just 25 miles west of Denver Colorado. The firm provides data, analytical tools, research, market advice and strategy recommendations focused on the energy market with a special emphasis on buyers, sellers and transporters of natural gas. Our flagship products are Energy Market Fundamental reports and the Benport Data Warehouse™ an information service and set of associated technologies used by participants in the North American natural gas market for the examination, analysis and visualization of pipeline flows and capacity utilization at specific receipt and delivery points.
is the world’s leading energy information provider. Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. With more than 600 employees in 17 offices spanning five continents, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation at Platts.
BENTEK is currently seeking a Software Developer to design and implement Business Intelligence software and systems. The ideal candidate is a flexible problem solver who is open to new technologies and works effectively on individual projects as well as project teams. The candidate will work with a team to create new Data Warehouses, Cubes, and analytical reports.
- Gather requirements from Business Analysts for enhancements, fixes, and new subject areas
- Data manipulation through SQL stored procedures, data validation and testing
- Handle change requests and provide quick and efficient solutions
- Analyze new assignments, develop scripts and test to validate data
- Review issues and bugs to diagnose and correct problems according to existing standards
- Take on complete projects and see them through to acceptance
- Create innovative solutions
- B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Coding and documentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with users to test, debug and document systems
- Experience with MDX, SSIS
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server Databases including SQL Server 2008 R2
- Data warehouse analysis and design experience
- Programming Tools: Visual Studio 2008 or 2010
- MS Office 2007 or 2010, Outlook and Excel
- Experience with the full Microsoft BI suite (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, BIDS) with past implementations in projects preferred
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Commodities & Commercial Markets
McGraw Hill Financial - 23 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....