Asses departmental BI needs, gather requirements, prioritize and negotiate projects, design analytics and solutions, and engage in project management with related BI teams or the successful implementation of BI solutions.
1. BI Design / Business Requirements
• Act as a liaison and first POC between all levels of the enterprise and our various BI teams.
• Evaluate how data is acquired, manipulated, and used for decision making in each functional area.
• Analyze and design BI strategies for all levels of the organization that complement existing decision making models.
• Promote automated self-service solutions where possible to replace iterative manual processes.
• Gather customer business requirements for reporting and analytical needs.
• Works with infrastructure, ETL, and reporting teams to translate requirements into technical specs.
• Assist in collaborative sessions where prototype designs are shown to the business.
2. Project Management
• Manage the BI request process to determine scope, strategic feasibility and priority level.
• Coordinate multiple concurrent projects and negotiate win/win solutions across departments.
• Implement communication strategies with users about progress and changes to our data.
• Measure results and ROI on BI projects.
• Assist and support the development of a single transparent process for BI requests.
• Review business requests to identify whether a new or existing BI component is needed.
• Assist in prioritizing BI requests to ensure corporate strategic alignment and proper workflow.
• Assist in the development of a comprehensive Metadata solution.
• Recommend effective deployment strategies to deliver BI when and where the customer needs it.
• Conduct research as needed into new methods for quantifying and tracking business goals.
• Proactively identify and assess the potential value of new data sources and corresponding analytics.
• Advance BI sophistication by working with research statisticians, actuaries, and vendors to deploy predictive analytics, forecasting, and optimization through the BI framework.
• Research opportunities for a broad user base to easily consume advanced/predictive analytics through the use of interactive visualizations, dashboards, and data discovery. Special attention being given to identifying leading vs. lagging indicators and keeping things simple, mobile and collaborative.
1. Provide assistance where needed to support the overall success within the current business intelligence structure.
2. Network with peers outside Grange to continue learning and updating skills.
3. Gain exposure to changing BI technology to improve departmental effectiveness.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent education and experience preferred. Seven years experience in related field required. Prior Insurance experience preferred, but not required. Certificate, Training, and/or experience in a project management role is needed.
Ability to effectively contribute in three or more of the functional areas listed above (Design, Project Management, Governance, and Analytics). SQL Programming skills are required. General understanding is needed of data warehouse relational database models. Needs to have a good understanding of mathematics and set theory. Prior experience with a BI tool/s is needed (e.g. Excel, Microstrategy, QlikView, SAP, SAS, etc). Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as problem solving and design abilities. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and interact with all levels of the company successfully. Ability to convey technical issues in an easy to understand format and to facilitate strategic discussions and mediate decision processes in a group setting that creates win/win outcomes.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard