Business Intelligence Specialist
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will partner closely with managers across GTI Core Infrastructure Services to analyze data, create metrics, and automate reports / dashboards. These solutions will drive operational performance and strategic decision making. The role will have the opportunity to develop in a wide variety of enterprise BI tools to creatively solve problems and be given the autonomy to identify and implement strategic improvements.
The candidate must be comfortable working with managers to understand their information needs and rapidly prototype solutions. Beyond business and design skills the role requires experience creating SQL, leveraging BI tools, creating ETL jobs, and expanding the data mart. There are often many source systems involved with varying data quality so candidate must have a thorough understanding of data analysis and models.
The candidate will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, coding, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment, and administration. Experience in user centered design and agile development techniques is a plus. Must be able to clearly communicate new features and issues at all levels in the organization, collaborate with team members on solution, and mentor junior members.
Core Infrastructure Services (CIS) consolidates the distributed, storage, IP network and Data Center services required by applications and enabling infrastructure in the Data Center. CIS focuses on improving the quality of service to our internal clients by reducing hand-offs. CIS consolidates all logical and physical activities performed across Data Centers.
2+ years experience in BI Reporting and Dashboard development using one or more of the following tools:
Proficient in the following:
- Business Objects (required) Universe Designer & Web Intelligence
- Qlikview (preferred)
- Microsoft SSRS / SSAS
- Other like tools
- Developing operational and business reporting
- Defining new metrics
- SQL query writing (Oracle preferred)
- Data modeling (Star and OLTP)
- Analytical, process, and problem solving skills
- Mathematical skills
- Script ETL Data Movements
- Microsoft Excel
- Designing clear, concise data visualizations that maximizes audience understanding
- Thinking in business terms and designing data visualization via reports and dashboards
- Building strong relationships with the business, understanding/documenting their needs, and applying technology to address the needs
College degree in MIS, computer science, informatics, or related field
- User centered design techniques
- Technology Infrastructure, Request Management, and Data Center Operations
- Database management and analysis
- Master Data Management
US-NJ-Jersey City-NOC 5 - 575 Washington / 02969
US-OH-Columbus-Polaris McCoy Center / 54101
Central Technology & Ops
JPMorgan Chase - 8 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...