Location: Louisville, KY - US
The Business Leader is a key role within the OEM Commercial team and will be the conduit between our customers and the OEM organization, reporting to the Commercial Director. The Business Leader will manage all aspects of a product line and be held accountable to drive and execute the annual operating plan. This position is responsible for assigned product line profitability and will lead the elimination of waste by resolving short term customer, service or product issues, while planning for the long term success of our customers and our business. The successful candidate will lead the achievement of critical outcomes through others. This role will directly manage a team of program manager(s) to lead product line strategy; drive new product development through stage gate process; have good understanding of markets; work cross-functionally; and develop business cases backed by sound financial analysis. The Business Leader will be a key member of the Commercial leadership team and will work closely with our sales managers and application engineers to grow and build relationships with our customers. The position will also assist in the sales process, manage price, and lead key business initiatives.
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Leads in the OEM business by example from a place of safety first
Define and advance understanding of strategic customer and influencer targets
- Work closely with Marketing to have deep understanding of customer segment’s needs and the competitive landscape
- Segment and recommend specific customer and influencer targets to improve our ability to impact change and ROI
- Accountable for understanding how our customer makes money and the value that our current and future products deliver to the customer
- Establish customer relationships at all management levels
Development of Product Line Strategy
- Provide leadership to the organization in the implementation of business strategies and tactics on assigned product lines
- Provide short-term and long-term business forecasting
- Develop a strategic and tactical plan for growing sales and profitability of OEM Core Products
- Indentify emerging trends and key issues for the business
- Developing a broad and deep understanding of our competitors and where they are trending
- Partner with OEM Commercial Director to develop, growth strategies that focus on who and how we will grow
- Manage a product line portfolio that positions OEM for success in the market
- Contribute and support the strategic planning process
- Lead the development and commercialization of new products or solutions through the OC stage-gate process. This includes new product introductions and solutions that enable our customers to win in the marketplace
- Partner with Marketing to develop and execute integrated marketing programs that drive the desired behavioral changes to achieve our strategic targets
- Drive the execution of innovation programs with internal sales teams and top customers.
- Manage product line profitability and drive financial performance & growth
- Ongoing market assessment to identify mix, customer trends and margin drivers along with associated business recommendations
- Measuring, tracking and reporting Program ROI and EBIT to OEM leadership
- Construct and present business case & justification for specific projects and/or business initiatives
- Partner with sales to manage valued based pricing and programs with customer
- Manage capacity issues by working closely with the manufacturing and customer fulfillment areas through the channel
- Identify and eliminate waste
Leading and Developing Talent
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people
- Invests in the growth and development of their direct reports and other identified talent in their organization. Engaged in personal development
- 10 plus years of B2B experience managing some portion of the commercial chain
- 5 plus years in a customer facing role
- 5 plus years of demonstrated (exceptional) communication skills – oral, written, presentation, ability to influence
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making experience
- Experience driving price value management
- Voice of the Customer
- Demonstrated experience of establishing strong customer relationship at the senior level
- Developing and marketing new products and services; attracting new customers.
- Delivering rapid improvement in an organization
- Participating in the development of strategic plans
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or beat high bar targets and deadlines
- Development of successful relationships with suppliers and co-marketing partners, highly desired
Knowledge and Skills:
- Customer, market and competitive insight
- Influences effectively and sustainably with and without authority
- Develops and leverages internal and external relationships
- Thinks strategically and drives change, action and results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to large and diverse audiences
- Business and financial acumen-knows the P&L
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% of time
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Self-motivated, strong initiative
- Works best through others – enrolls and influences others
- Values independent thinking
- Develops strategic relationships naturally
- Is innovative and loves a challenge
- Approachable, coachable and open to feedback
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment, does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning, does not rationalize failures.
- Freely states opinions and feelings. Expresses him/her self directly and candidly.
- Shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of others. Aware of personal impact on others. Expresses opinions without offending or creating defensiveness.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Management
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites found in the automotive industry to innovative roofing products to energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011, and we are preparing to celebrate our 75th anniversary in 2013. A Fortune® 500 company for 58 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 28 countries reaching across five continents. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Owens Corning - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...