The Business Liaison is pivotal in maintaining Health Plan’s existing membership through either direct sales or sales support from an Employer Group Plan to an Individual Market Product. The incumbent will be responsible for creating and executing sales and retention plans to transition members to an Individual Product from an Employer who has dropped Group coverage to drive retention and consumer satisfaction.
• Contribute to the Health Plan’s success in growing the Consumer Insurance Division and membership in the Individual Market.
• Work alongside Sales Consultants, Account Managers and Brokers to support knowledge of Health Care Reform as it relates to product options for Individuals and Employer Groups.
• For those Employers who decide to no longer offer coverage, create effective transition plans to move each employee onto a plan that meets their individual needs.
• Work alongside with Health Plan’s Sales Staff and external Brokers to best support employers and their employees.
• Organize, schedule, host and deliver consumer-centric “Find the Right Plan” seminar sessions with employees and/or broker segments to discuss plans and enroll members.
• Coordinate communications between employees and outsourced vendor and/or Sales Consultants (where appropriate) to support sales and retention.
• Participates in cross-functional teams to share information, which will contribute to Health Plan growth in the individual market.
• Provide ad-hoc services for Employer Groups who require additional support for their employees including materials, answer sessions, one-on-one meetings, among others.
• Provides back up in the community when someone is needed to assist at regional offices or community locations in all manner of direct-to-consumer sales support.
• Works with both the internal and external stakeholders as well as prospective customers to respond to complaints and satisfaction concerns.
• Troubleshoots with the sales team and any relevant onsite teams as issues arise.
• Develop work plans, schedules, and project requests as needed.
• Responsible for coordinating resources, project plans to implement strategies and specifications in accordance with management requests.
• Resolves challenge(s) by identifying root cause and coordinating appropriate solutions, including necessary tasks, personnel and next steps.
• Creates follow-up communications internally and externally to ensure issue resolution and full transparency.
• Works independently in an emerging and operational business environment where processes and infrastructure are constantly evolving.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• BA/BS degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Sales and Marketing and/or health/business related field.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales or customer outreach required. Experience in project coordination, project management, a plus.
• Goal- and action-oriented with proven ability to meet sales goals.
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated success working in sales operations.
• Valid NYS Accident and Health License within six months of employment required. (No sales bonus can be earned until licensure is achieved)
• Demonstrated expertise in project management with a focused attention to detail and follow-through, organizational skills required.
• Proficient using PC systems and Microsoft Office suite products.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 7 months ago