About Treatspace - Fast Facts
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
- Big Idea. We are building an award-winning, industry-validated platform that will change healthcare forever.
- Success. We won first place at Pittsburgh Startup Weekend in March 2012.
- Educated. We have a diverse team entrepreneurs, developers, and designers who have studied and/or taught at CMU, Pitt, and Yale.
- Experience. Our founder has over 10 years of experience and was named Young Entrepreneur of the Year by the Small Business Association of PA.
- Progress. We finalized our alpha launch in June 2012 and are actively testing our first public release with customers.
- Backed by CMU. We worked with Project Olympus from Oct 2011-June 2012.
- Press. We’ve already been written about in TEQ, Pop City, the Pittsburgh Business Times, MedCity & MedPageToday.
- Backed by PA. We've been accepted into one of the top incubators in the nation: Innovation Work's Alphalab program.
If you can do the following right away, send us your resume:
What we're looking for:
- Lead. You know how to get things done. You prefer not to be managed.
- Overachieve. You know how to overcommit and still overdeliver.
- Take risks. You’re willing to ask questions, look dumb, be wrong, and fail.
- Be responsible. You willingly take more blame and give out more credit.
- Be humble. You never forget that there’s always more you can learn.
- Put team first. You play well with others and handle conflict well.
- Stay diplomatic. You communicate your thoughts by discussing, not by arguing.
- Learn. You accept criticism of your work and take it well.
- Optimize. You find ways to make things better, even if they work just fine.
- Get excited. Reading this list makes your heart pound just a little bit.
We want someone to join our team as an Business Management Intern. You will constantly shadow and work with the various heads of the company and help them stay organized, efficient, and stress-free. In return, you will learn more about the internet business in a few months than in two years in business school.
Treatspace offers many opportunities to advance your career quickly. You will be involved with other departments (development, design, communication, sales, etc.). You will meet successful entrepreneurs on a weekly basis. You will listen to presentations from many of the key leaders of this industry.
The internship is unpaid, but free lunch is provided every day, and drinks and snacks are provided by AlphaLab. Please only respond if you can commit to at least 30-40 hours per week at our Southside office.
We need a smart, talented, and ambitious individual who can do it all and wants to make a major difference. Below is a general description of the work, but we imagine tailoring it to meet your specific strengths and interests.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Manage and maintain the schedules of managers and officers
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements
- Read and analyze documents and plan their distribution
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Greet visitors and incoming calls to determine if they can access specific staff
- Other support duties as assigned
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Very strong online research skills and/or drive
- Familiarity with Internet businesses that can troubleshoot our needs
- Current college student and/or recent grad (or equiv. work experience)
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Drive (Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Draw)
- Ability to work in diverse teams; manage time and workload effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but able to take directions well
- Good organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility and creativity
- Understanding of healthcare industry is preferred; passion is even better
- Reports to the CEO, working relationships with the entire company
- Manage Treatspace’s external and internal communication efforts
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or pursuing one (all degrees will be considered)
- Some work or volunteer experience in any form of managerial assistance
- Experience in working in a diverse and fast-paced environment