Emerging Healthcare IT Startup in the Pittsburgh, PA area seeking Business Management Intern.
Treatspace is a Pittsburgh-based early stage startup that is operating out of Carnegie Mellon University and has successfully been a part of both Innovation Works’ Alphalab program and Project Olympus at CMU. We are building a secure, fact-based, health network SaaS platform that reliably connects patients with doctors and other entities in the health system for the purpose of clinical communication:
Think LinkedIn + Force.com for Healthcare. Checkout Treatspace.com
- Patients to Doctors
- Doctors to Doctors
- Hospitals/Practices and doctors
- Physician extenders with doctors and patients
There are social and business online networks, but no ubiquitous health network linking patients and their network of healthcare providers. This is an exciting opportunity for a business management intern to be a major contributor to a new and innovative HEALTH NETWORK product and service company.
About Treatspace - Fast Facts
What we're looking for :
- Big Idea . We are building an award-winning, industry-validated platform that will change healthcare.
- Success . We won first place at Pittsburgh Startup Weekend in March 2012.
- Educated . We have a diverse team entrepreneurs, developers, and designers who have studied and/or taught at CMU and Pitt.
- Experience . Our founder has over 10 years of experience and was named Young Entrepreneur of the Year by the Small Business Association of PA.
- Progress . We finalized our alpha launch in June 2012, launched our initial version of the product in 2013 to several paying customers and we are now poised for rapid growth in 2014!
- Backed by CMU . We work at Project Olympus on the CMU campus.
- Press . We’ve been written about in TEQ, Pop City, the Pittsburgh Business Times, MedCity, MedPageToday and Tech Cocktail. (Google us)
- Backed by PA . We've been accepted into one of the top incubators in the nation: Innovation Work's Alphalab program and we have received funding from both Innovation Works and The Pittsburgh Lifescience Greenhouse.
We want someone to join our team as an Business Management Intern. You will constantly shadow and work with the various heads of the company and help them stay organized, efficient, and stress-free. In return, you will learn more about the internet business in a few months than in two years in business school.
Treatspace offers many opportunities to advance your career quickly. You will be involved with other departments (development, design, communication, sales, etc.). You will meet successful entrepreneurs on a weekly basis. You will listen to presentations from many of the key leaders of this industry.
The internship is unpaid, but free lunch is provided every day, and drinks and snacks are provided by Project Olympus. Please only respond if you can commit to at least 30-40 hours per week at our Oakland office.
We need a smart, talented, and ambitious individual who can do it all and wants to make a major difference. Below is a general description of the work, but we imagine tailoring it to meet your specific strengths and interests.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Manage and maintain the schedules of managers and officers
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements
- Read and analyze documents and plan their distribution
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Greet visitors and incoming calls to determine if they can access specific staff
- Help practices and patients become advocates by solving support issues creatively and promptly.
- Monitor Twitter, Facebook & other relevant sites and actively participate in discussions across communities, social networks & blogs.
- Find the healthcare pulse of the city and identify new ways to get the Treatspace experience in front of new users.
- Spread the Treaspace Love through creating exciting blog & social web content.
- Work closely with our engineering & operations teams to streamline process and assist in intelligently scaling a vibrant business.
- Identify and engage community advocates who are equally passionate about improving healthcare.
You have to be ready to hustle! You must be ready and excited to get your hands dirty and help build a growing business. You are a business management generalist who will help bring Treatspace to the masses...you ready?
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Very strong online research skills and/or drive
- Familiarity with Internet businesses that can troubleshoot our needs
- Current college student and/or recent grad (or equiv. work experience)
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Drive (Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Draw)
- Ability to work in diverse teams; manage time and workload effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but able to take directions well
- Good organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility and creativity
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Wordpress, etc.)
- Influencer amongst your friends and community
- Understanding of healthcare industry is preferred; passion is even better
Education and Experience
- Reports to VP Operations, working relationships with the entire team
- Support Treatspace’s external and internal communication efforts
- Bachelor’s degree, or pursuing one (all degrees will be considered)
- Some work or volunteer experience in any form of managerial assistance
- Experience in working in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Creative and/or technical writing skills
- Content management skills
- Social Media expertise
- Training and meeting facilitation skills
Treatspace, Inc. - 30+ days ago