In brief summary, the position of Business Manager supports two Community Managers; Westwood Apartments at UCLA and Pico Lanai in Santa Monica. The position reports directly to the Community Manager at Westwood Apartments, and therefore this Position fall under the Residential Services Division at Carmel Partners, Inc.
The Business Manager is responsible for leasing apartments, rent collections, residential services, marketing activities, and actions to ensure compliance with all applicable law and company policies, as well as general, overall assistance to the Community Manager. This includes managing administration and leasing team members at the designated property/community of responsibility when the Community Manager is absent.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
JOB DESCRIPTION (PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Assists with the sales process both in leasing apartment homes and mentoring/supervising leasing associates as directed by the Community Manager. Ensure that Carmel Customer Service Model is used at all times during the sales process.
- Completing leases and lease applications, plus maintaining resident records and files for leases, applications, rent deposits, security deposits, bank deposits, etc.
- Reconcile Statements of Deposit Account (SODA’s) within the required timeline for transfer to the in-house collections department or outside collections company.
- Good written communication for correspondence, resident notices, newsletters, etc.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports for the Community Manager’s review; upon confirmation/approval, forwards reports to the Regional Manager
- Providing superior customer service
- Assist with resolving customer issues/concerns using Carmel’s L.A.S.T model. (Listen, Apologize, Solve and Thank)
- Keeping tabs on the competition and presenting creative leasing and marketing ideas
- Oversees all resident and prospective resident relations activities
- Assists the Community Manager with monthly G/L account closing processes, include accurate recording of financial information
- Supports the Community Manager in a variety of ways to ensure the overall smooth running of the community, e.g., traffic, leasing, administration, accounts receivable, etc.
- Conducts unit walk-through to ensure units are ready prior to move-in
- Works closely with the Maintenance Team to ensure all units are properly cleaned, remodeled and all amenities are in appropriate working order
- Inspecting grounds, vacancies, and common areas to ensure they are maintained in top condition
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Assist Community Manager with the hiring, managing and directing the career development of the staff.
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Qualifications (Skills – technical and non-technical):
- High School Diploma required
- Property Management Certification is a plus
- At least 5+ years’ general work experience
- At least 2+ years’ experience in Residential Leasing/Sales
- Previous experience managing others is a plus
- Previous experience/responsibilities for operational financial planning and management is a plus
- Demonstrable computer abilities, Window (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Internet and email
- Previous experience with Property Management Operating and Information systems required
- Previous experience with MRI a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment):
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage others
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to drive others toward maximum customer satisfaction
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse and phone
- Constant reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating orally, reasoning & analyzing
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing and pulling
Carmel Partners - 22 months ago