This position will provide the financial reporting and analysis required to ensure the magazine business strategy is implemented and performing as planned.
- BBA in Accounting or Finance with 5-7 years financial analysis experience preferably in publishing.
- Extensive knowledge of budget preparation, financial reporting and forecasting required.
- Must have strong financial modeling, analytical skills and experience in circulation modeling.
- Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint, Word and TMI required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Work with the Vice President, Magazines to create the annual operating plan and budgets for CR print publications. Ensure that all operating plans are implemented and financial goals are achieved.
- Responsible for the coordination of strategy for Consumer Reports ancillary magazine products, including: defining the product and its audience; evaluation its market potential; constructing its business model; coordinating its product team; and deploying the finished product.
- Provide analytical and reporting support for the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts for all print products as needed.
- Provide overall business intelligence and support for assigned product lines and departments including modeling new product launches, test results, pricing strategies and current business trends.
- Assist in the development of and generate monthly and quarterly reports utilizing TM1 for key areas of the business, including financial results and performance indicators.
- Prepare input to monthly Operations book, adding new analysis as necessary.
- Review and reconcile actual results in financial statements to models, budgets and forecasts.
- Participate in product meetings communicating key indicators, metrics and financial results for each product line.
- Closely monitors and reports on key performance metrics for a wide variety of circulation models and methods (subscriptions, renewals, gifts etc)
- Work with Editorial, Design, Marketing, Production and Manufacturing to ensure content and designs that are on-strategy, on schedule on budget.
- Explore print product partnership opportunities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 2 years ago - save job
ConsumerReports.org is the fastest-growing Web site of its kind, with more than a million active paid subscribers. All site visitors have...