Consumer Reports is an expert, independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. Our National Testing and Research Center, in Yonkers, N.Y., is the largest nonprofit educational and consumer product testing center in the world. We are a comprehensive source for unbiased advice about products and services, personal finance, health and nutrition, and other consumer concerns. Our diverse staff of scientists, editors, and consumer advocates provide in-depth and timely information on issues that affect everyone in this country.
Consumer Reports is currently seeking a Business Manager. This position will provide the financial reporting and analysis required to ensure the magazine business strategy is implemented and performing as planned.
- BBA in Accounting or Finance with 5-7 years financial analysis experience preferably in publishing.
- Extensive knowledge of budget preparation, financial reporting and forecasting required.
- Must have strong financial modeling, analytical skills and experience in circulation modeling.
- Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint, Word and TMI required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Work with the Vice President, Magazines to create the annual operating plan and budgets for CR print publications. Ensure that all operating plans are implemented and financial goals are achieved.
- Responsible for the coordination of strategy for Consumer Reports ancillary magazine products, including: defining the product and its audience; evaluation its market potential; constructing its business model; coordinating its product team; and deploying the finished product.
- Provide analytical and reporting support for the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts for all print products as needed.
- Provide overall business intelligence and support for assigned product lines and departments including modeling new product launches, test results, pricing strategies and current business trends.
- Assist in the development of and generate monthly and quarterly reports utilizing TM1 for key areas of the business, including financial results and performance indicators.
- Prepare input to monthly Operations book, adding new analysis as necessary.
- Review and reconcile actual results in financial statements to models, budgets and forecasts.
- Participate in product meetings communicating key indicators, metrics and financial results for each product line.
- Closely monitors and reports on key performance metrics for a wide variety of circulation models and methods (subscriptions, renewals, gifts etc)
- Work with Editorial, Design, Marketing, Production and Manufacturing to ensure content and designs that are on-strategy, on schedule on budget.
- Explore print product partnership opportunities.
- Performs other duties as required.
Consumers Reports is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Consumer Reports does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, religion, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status and any other category covered by applicable law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application or interview process should notify a Consumer Reports Human Resources representative.
- 23 months ago - save job