Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
Reporting to Director of Business Development, the incumbent is responsible for the overall management of a key category or categories within a larger account in the brokerage business.
Performs activities in a consultative manner, influencing and convincing buyers
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability
- Support account team in the development of sales plans
- Increase Daymon business connectivity with customers
- Perform, coordinate and lead the analysis and development of: marketing plans; product promotions; advertising; in-store displays; merchandising strategies; and inventory forecasting
- Manages assigned categories, performs analysis, and develops and recommends strategy within assigned area of responsibility
- Performs increasingly complex interactions with suppliers, taking ownership
- Collaborates and partners with marketing resources, both internal and external (note: international may have more autonomy to develop their own marketing plans)
- May assist with needs for innovation
- Demonstrates increased innovation and autonomy around marketing, brand management and consumer data analytics; may lead team providing more experience and covering more suppliers
- Performs activities in a consultative manner, influencing and convincing buyers, effectively selling Daymon services
- Build revenue and share by applying best practices to identify key category drivers and implementing business recommendations to drive growth
- Develop and execute strategic B2B sales programs to drive sales/profit margins across assigned categories
- Ensure execution of the LAMP framework to identify the most critical initiatives and relationships and work with the team to lay out short and long term plans to achieve relationships at the appropriate level for the account or assigned category business unit
- Allocate resources at the account level or within assigned category business unit
- Develop strong supplier relationships by obtaining alignment and developing and delivering on mutually established goals.
- Ensuring appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for our top relationships
- Motivates, directs and inspires team members to deliver on the agreed upon metrics of the customer and suppliers in conjunction with the needed resources/teams across the enterprise
- Driving Employee Satisfaction: Continuously enhance the trust and work experience of associates to make Daymon a desired workplace
- Identify expected level of decision-making and expected level of risk-taking for team members
- Execute new strategic initiatives for the account or the assigned categories
- Elevate the conversation with customer to the strategy level within assigned area of responsibility
- Manage the Daymon value equation with appropriate stakeholders and ensure it is understood and advanced
- Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value
- Foster thought leadership within account team
a) Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/Graduate Degree preferred
3 years of professional work experience required; 5 years preferred
Experience in building and nurturing brands ; p rivate b rand m anagement a plus
Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams
b) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
Ability to contribute to setting and achieving budgets
Proven track record of developing talent, and ability/willingness to mentor associates
Good grasp of Product Development, Marketing, Retail, Category Management, and Logistics
Effective in building and maintaining customer and associate relationships
Begins to own relationships.
Has increasingly complex interactions, including negotiation.