Requisition #: IT-0556 Location: Bismarck, ND Applied Engineering, Inc. is accepting applications for a Business Manager for its IT consulting team to be based out of either our Bismarck, ND or Fargo, ND office. In this leadership role, the Business Manager is responsible for the overall growth and direction of the department and responsible for managing the IT consulting activities of the department for all locations. We are seeking a proven leader with a history of building, leading, and motivating technical teams to provide superior IT consulting services in the areas of software development and systems administration.
- Prepare plans, projections, and budgets to reach departmental goals
- Manage department staff, including performance evaluation, wage adjustment, technical skills development, career development, and training opportunities
- Promote internal communications throughout the department
- Ensure and promote Applied customer satisfaction through regular communications with customers
- Continue to build a diversified customer base, building and maintaining strategic customer relationships
- Promote continued departmental growth and development of new customers, along with the addition of new services, skills, technologies, and geographic expansions
- Assist with the department’s sales process for the assigned location/s, including sales presentations, proposal writing, process discussions, pricing development and rate negotiations, delivery of purchase orders, etc.
- Perform application development work or other billable IT tasks
- Represent Applied as a professional engineering and technology firm to all customers and contacts and act in the best interest of the company
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor
- B.S. Degree in an IT-related field. Master’s degree in a Business-related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in an IT environment. Management experience in an IT environment
- Strong technical competency in the field of IT
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and assessment skills
- Professional demeanor and the ability to represent Applied Engineering as a professional engineering and technology firm to all customers and contacts
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
- Ability to manage people, processes and multiple projects simultaneously
- Results oriented with the ability to set and articulate goals and priorities
- Ability to travel occasionally
Applied Engineering Inc. is an Engineering and Technology Services firm that is dedicated to proving superior engineering services and technology solutions with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards for our unique company culture that fosters growth and success for our employees. In addition, Applied offers a competitive salary, 401K retirement plan, and a total benefits package that includes paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision and other insurance options. We are also proud to be a 100% employee-owned company. To learn more, please visit www.go-applied.com
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorships.
Applied Engineering, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applied Engineering - 2 years ago