You will use your energy, enthusiasm and product knowledge to tour model apartments, conduct site tours, demonstrate unit features and community amenities to secure new leases. You will utilize and refine your excellent communication skills and sales ability via phone and in person in responding to prospective residents as well as renewing current residents for additional lease terms. In addition, you will maintain your product knowledge by educating yourself about our competition and knowing the demographics of your property's market area. Sharing your skills, you will train, direct and supervise on-site associates in all leasing paperwork and techniques. Administrative responsibilities include posting rental payments, invoice processing, completing and reviewing new lease and renewal paperwork and preparing the month end closing.
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship by adhering to the Gables 10 Pledges of Customer Service.
- Adhere to the Gables Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage a high quality on-site staff through implementation of effective training, motivation and development programs.
- Communicate effectively with associates and ensure compliance of all personnel management standards and to ensure cooperation between departments and communities
- Analyze operational information for impact on NOI, identify trends and recommend appropriate strategies and adjustments.
- Effectively monitor all income, including delinquencies.
- Set renewal rates for Community Manager's approval, prepare and coordinate renewal letters for residents
- Prepare and ensure staffing schedules are consistent with community needs.
- Monitor and ensure the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure landlord/tenant statutes are followed. Responsible for collection, posting and depositing of all rental payments.
- Direct efforts to ensure all purchasing guidelines are followed including timely entry of purchase orders and approval of invoices.
- Ensure timely completion of all bonus paperwork, in addition to adherence to company standards for payroll and overtime calculations.
- Ensure evictions of delinquent residents are processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of all daily, weekly and monthly financial and leasing reports.
- Inspect grounds, models and leasing office as directed for eye appeal and marketability.
- Ensure that the community office is organized and runs smoothly pursuant to company standards in the absence of the Community Manager.
- As directed, act as liaison between service and residents for resident issues, keeping track of all occupied work scheduled.
- Keep book of work, which was filled out by Service Manager, and sent occupied work letters to residents
- Responsible for checking all new lease files for completion and accuracy in advance of final review by Community Manager.
- Ensure that accurate submission of all corporate reporting lease and bond paperwork is accomplished timely and includes approvals as required.
- Effectively understand and operate the company's various software programs and ensure staff is properly trained in the respective programs for their positions.
- Responsible for validation of all input including prospects, traffic, applications, leases, move-outs, deposits, and closing reports.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, and monthly computer reporting requirements.
- Understand and operate the company's software programs and maintain accurate data files.
- Effectively show, lease, and move in prospective residents.
- Establish and implement leasing goals, while monitoring an effective lease expiration program.
- Adhere to established company standards for screening applicants for residency.
- Provide training and motivation to leasing staff and ensure group training sessions are conducted as needed.
- Ensure administrative associates achieve the highest standards regarding shopping report scores.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends. Ensure leasing staff develops similar knowledge.
- Work with the community management staff to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies. Increase community traffic levels, maintain closing ratios, and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages.
- Shop competition and have knowledge of the demographics of the community's market area.
- Evaluate and recommend changes on rent/pricing strategies, and ensure websites and printed material are accurate and updated.
- Enforce resident retention and service request follow-up programs.
- Assist and ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Implement and monitor effective lease renewal programs.
- Ensure written communication to residents is professional and timely.
- Follow lease renewal program to maximize resident renewals/retention.
- Implement and monitor the Gables Great Rewards program.
- Inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready and ensure customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately.
- Communicate effectively with owners, residents, vendors and on-site associates.
- Monitor service request turnaround and ensure the responsiveness of the service staff.
- Promote and teach safe work practices among on-site staff and ensure all safety programs are implemented and followed.
- Assist regional manager with management functions, new community transitions and other responsibilities as required.
- Transport funds to the bank as required by company standards.
- Organize resident functions including parties and newsletters.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- A high school education or equivalent is required. A college degree is suggested, but not required.
- The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident management software functions.
A minimum of two years experience in residential property management or a related field is required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. The position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary. Travel may be required at times to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity of the associates home property, or in another state.
A valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job's functions.
The position requires excellent skills in the management and motivation of people and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, prospects, and vendors. In addition, the position requires, but is not limited to, the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize wisely
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and the ability to develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans
- Knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements including dealing with vendors and contractors
- Ability to close a sale
Learning and Development
- Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
- Ability to use Outlook
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
- Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
Associate must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.
Gables Residential - 9 months ago
Lion Gables Residential Trust (LGRT) is a privately-owned real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns, develops, and manages apartment...