The Business Manager provides the leadership and oversight for the College's comprehensive auxiliary and entrepreneurial services. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Business Manager is responsible for all services, programs, processes and policies specifically related to purchasing, leasing, vendor/contract services, campus cleaning services, telecommunications, bookstore, camp/conferences and food service.
Bachelor's degree is required. A Bachelor's degree in business related discipline a plus. A minimum of 5 years experience and working knowledge of auxiliary services is required. Experience in higher education is highly preferred. Must have experience in purchasing, leasing and insurance, food service, telecommunications, mail room and vendor/contract services. MBA or related master's degree is preferred and a minium of 7 years experience in lieu of a Master's degree will be considered.
- The Business Manager provides leadership and manages the staff of the following departments: purchasing, internal printing and mail room which includes shipping and receiving.
- This position maintains liaisons with all administrative and instructional areas of the College and participates in various College committees/teams and in community and professional organizations.
- The Business Manager is responsible for maintaining alignment with the mission and strategic plan of the College and ensuring continuous improvement.
- This position also identifies and evaluates organizational needs related to auixiliary services and establishes and maintains policies and procedures.
- The Business Manager requires strong organizational and analytical skills; the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers, specifically vendors and contractors. Contract negotiation skills, customer service skills and managerial/supervisory skills are required.
NOTE: Although this search will take place in January 2013, we are currently accepting resumes.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manhattan College - 13 months ago