POSITION TITLE: Business Market Research Analyst
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Business Research Analyst is an active partner with administration, advertising and circulation to ensure the success of numerous ongoing revenue initiatives. The successful candidate will have experience generating and nurturing business leads for sales initiatives, creating sales presentations and collateral for all levels of business partners, and proactively providing business and market insight that will positively impact growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate and deliver qualified business leads for advertising products and initiatives; as well as follow-up analysis to determine effectiveness of leads and make recommendations and changes for future campaigns.
- Create high-value sales presentations based on predetermined strategies, research and customer needs; write direct-response sales copy as well as translating customers’ marketing problems and our marketing solutions into a comprehensive presentation; creating impactful graphics to illustrate our sales strategies.
- Identify and gather secondary research information from sources such as Nielsen, Borrell and Scarborough Research, studying key competitors, garnering demographic information about competitors' customers, analyzing market conditions that can impact revenue, and deliver this information to key executives or shareholders.
- Marketing administrator and contact for Salesforce, including email coordination based on advertising initiatives, maintain ongoing calendar of touch points (emails, offers and other messages) with advertisers; including follow-up analysis of opens and responses.
- Contribute to and maintain databases of all marketing information, as well as disseminate pertinent information in a actionable format.
Ensure quality, accuracy and readability of all staff projects
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum two (2) years experience in data analysis of market research for media company or advertising sales agency. College degree required. Must possess excellent analytical, communication, organization and presentation skills. Must be proficient in MS Office. Prior experience in lead generation and lead nurturing, database applications, customer service management systems (Salesforce) and thematic mapping is desired.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure, handling diverse projects
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work dynamically with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and to respond to research information requests from colleagues and general public
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, related field or equivalent.
San Francisco Chronicle - 17 months ago
The San Francisco Chronicle is the largest newspaper in Northern California and the second largest on the West Coast, with a daily...