Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ... The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the fourteenth consecutive year in January 2012 and as one of America's Most Admired Companies for the eleventh year in March 2012.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself—are you the duck? If so, there’s a home—and a flourishing career—for you at Aflac.
It’s not what you can do; it’s what you will do. At Aflac IT, we get things done. As the support behind Aflac’s corporate operations, sales force, and business partners, Aflac IT employees not only benefit from this philosophy, but help carry it out. Just as Aflac has changed the insurance industry, Aflac IT will forever alter the way health care benefits reach people who need them most. And that’s something we can all be proud of.
Business Objects Administrator
Focus on design, deployment, administration and maintenance of an SAP Business Objects environment with a goal of high availability and optimal application performance. The Administrator will be responsible for overseeing the administration of the Business Objects, Metadata, Life Cycle Management, Explorer, Excelsius and BO Data Services runtime environments
Creates, tests, and maintains databases (including scheduling and performing upgrades), resolves problems and manages database integration activities; provides DBA consulting and support to business and technology partners; is involved in traditional activities such as performance monitoring/tuning, production database troubleshooting, backup and recovery, and supporting security administration for database access.
Monitors and optimizes database access and storage, as well as monitors and manages resource use; develops and promotes standards and procedures (e.g., operating procedures or data-sharing policies) with regard to database tools/techniques, data repositories, and data loads, and coordinate physical database design, database backups, reorganizations, performance monitoring, and software upgrades.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the production environment is highly available, per the needs of the business and established Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
- Assure the day-to-day operations and accuracy of Business Intelligence enterprise reporting and analytical solutions. The SOA Governance Lifecycle & Model
- Define, design, implement and support of SAP Business Objects Enterprise Suite, including Crystal Reports, Xcelsius (Dashboard), Web Intelligence, Data federator, etc.
- Provide administration of SAP Business Objects Suite, including installation, configuration, monitoring, and patch/upgrade management.
- Work closely with business analysts, developers, and database administrators to address business needs and issues in a timely fashion.
- Monitor request queues. Understand, prioritize and ensure that all critical items are addressed.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with team, management, customers and vendors, per understanding of proven BI/Data Warehouse best practices.
- Develops physical data models for medium-size databases; ensures that physical data model is normalized to match client specifications and established procedures.
- Supports the database analyst in maintaining the physical data model and controlling the physical database definition according to business rules and structure.
- Coordinates the installation of application and database system upgrades as well as additions to the data dictionary.
- Establishes and maintains the data repository; creates, modifies, and installs catalogs and reports on servers across the company.
- Develops database backup and recovery procedures.
- Provides training to database administrators and other operational or application support teams.
- Verifies program performance specifications with users and keeps them informed about problems in production support; proposes unique solutions that improve function and performance.
- Implements new data technologies and releases; assists in evaluation of database administration tools that will increase database efficiency.
- Balances the optimization of data access with batch loading and resource use factors.
- Works closely with analysts to recommend, develop, and implement measurements for systems performance against expectations.
- Implements program performance specifications; provides support for clients accessing data stored in DBMS and data warehouses; supports the development of stored procedures and triggers.
- Interfaces with database administrators, database analysts, and vendors involved in the initial planning stages of projects and make recommendations on medium to high complex data structures for reporting and analysis queries.
- Provides input to integrated logical data model, minimizing data element redundancy, and maximizing the compatibility and usefulness of data; communicates and validates modeling issues to a variety of audiences.
- Supports the analyst in responding to events on the database to ensure compliance with service level agreements.
- Assists the analysts in planning data structure for DSS/EIS
- Supports multiple servers and multiple databases of medium to high complexity, with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and physical accessibility of the data.
- Designs and builds security structure needs for the DBMS or data warehouse; performs reporting tool security
- Provides capacity planning analysis for database resource requirements in the areas of internal architecture and performance tuning; develops efficient database calls (e.g., review of SQL joining strategies)
- Is involved in designing, physical modeling, developing, and supporting large RDBMS systems; may lead and review physical database designs
- Leads the design, construction, and implementation of operational DBMS, data stores, data warehouses, and data marts that enable informational, analytical management inquiry; develops processes to increase reliability, integrity, and availability of cross platform data access
- Keeps abreast of new and future data technologies
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in programming/systems or computer science, specialized training, certification, and at least 4 years of administration experience across XI 3.0 and BOE 4.0 managing a large environment. Must have 3 plus years of experience on supporting Business Objects XI 3.0. Must have implemented at least 2 enterprise installations and managed more than 500 Assets across 5000 users. Key areas of experience must include Monitoring, Maintenance, Administration, Performance, Scheduling, Security, Upgrade/Promotion or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success in building, implementing and supporting Business Intelligence enterprise reporting, and analytical solutions. Expertise in administering, deploying, installing and configuring Business Objects. Excellent design, development and testing experience in Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1/4.0, Crystal Reports and Xcelsius dashboards. Expertise of the Central Management Console (CMC) and Central Configuration Manager (CCM). Expertise in management of BOBJ Security for XI 3.1 and up. Strong working knowledge and usage of Infoview, Crystal Report, Webi, and Import Wizard tool. Expertise configuring Active Directory in Business Objects for SSO. Expertise in Business Objects clustering. Experience with building a Business Objectives environment from the ground up in a virtualized cluster environment; knowledge on understanding of virtualization technologies a plus. Working knowledge of the Integration between BOBJ and other SAP products (e.g. ERP, BW). Expertise in sizing and configuring various Business Objects services.
- Strong understanding of Universe, Web Intelligence , Crystal Reports, Analysis, Explorer, MoBI
Database Backup and Recovery: Advanced
Database Capacity Planning: Advanced
Database Design: Advanced
Database Implementation: Advanced
Database Monitoring: Advanced
Database Replication: Advanced
Database Testing: Advanced
Database Upgrades and Reorg: Advanced
Disaster Recovery Planning: Advanced
Integration with SAP BW, SAP Core and Hana: Advanced
BOE architecture, security, and user/group/folder administration: Advanced
CMS management, clustering, high-availability, fault-tolerance, BO process management and auditing: Advanced
BO SDK for business process management and system maintenance: Advanced
Central Management Console, Query Management, LCM, Upgrade Management Tool and Business Views: Advanced
SQL Server: Advanced
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Service, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), pension, stock purchase plans, and many more.
Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, Aflac...