Job Order: J0213-0555 - Permanent Full Time
Title: Business Objects Developer
Category: Information Technology
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Job Description: Business Objects Developer
As the Business Objects Expert, you will be responsible for identifying report requirements, developing reports and testing reports. You will work closely with the client to understand their environment, data and financial needs to develop reports that meet their expectations. You will develop training materials including guides and power point presentations and be prepared to conduct training on either creating reports using BOBJ or on the reports you've created for the client. It is expected that you will use BOBJ tools and best practices in developing the reports.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Develop an understanding of the client's environment, data and reporting needs.
- Conduct requirements meetings and produce high quality requirements documentation.
- Develop reports using the BOBJ tool to meet client requirements.
- Thoroughly test the reports prior to turnover to the client.
- Develop training materials including presentations and guides to train the client either on using BOBJ or on the reports developed.
- Work from various sites including CGI offices, client offices (Washington, DC or Beltsville, MD).
Nice to have:
- Business Objects 3.1 - 3 to 5 years
- SAP Business warehouse - 3 to 5 years
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) - 3 to 5 years
- Knowledge of HANA.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
- Experience with SAP financials.
- Experience with Federal Financial Management. At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 72,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Business Objects
- SAP Business Warehousing
- Communication (Oral/Written)
CGI - 18 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...