Ecumen, the most innovative leader of senior housing and services, seeks a Business Office Manager for the St. Olaf Community Campus, which includes both St. Olaf Residence and North Oaks on Emerson Assisted Living in Minneapolis. The Business Office Manager is an employee of St. Olaf, a community managed by Ecumen. Ecumen is a nonprofit that envisions a world in which aging is viewed and understood in radically different ways. We are a multiple year winner of the “Best Place to Work” award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal. Ecumen’s mission is to create home for older adults wherever they choose to live.
This position is responsible for managing all budget compliance, financial reporting, employee payroll, and related compliance documentation. The Business Office Manager will partner with Human Resources and ADP to oversee the accuracy of payroll, compensation, new hire and termination reporting and processes, benefit administration, unemployment management, federal reporting requirements, workers compensation, and assist with tax reporting.
This position will also work with the Director of Business Operations in accounts payable, accounts receivable, Medicare and Medicaid cost reporting, annual audit preparation, monthly financial statement preparation and reporting for multiple lines of business, and other financial projection and analysis.
Skills & Requirements
The successful candidate will have the ability to build strong partnerships and maintain relationships across all levels of the organization. S/he will possess strong communication skills and have the ability to influence and hold teams accountable for working within budget constraints. The candidate will plan, participate and present at monthly meetings, and problem solve and manage budgets, licensing requirements and compliance issues.
The ideal candidate possesses a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business management, and has a minimum of three years’ experience with MNITS, long term care finance/billing/insurance including Medicare and Medical Assistance. Health care experience preferred. S/he will have strong organization skills, attention to detail, be able to multitask and use a PC and basic office programs.
Additional duties and qualifications are listed below:
ESSENTIAL DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Billing Medicaid for St. Olaf & North Oaks: all current Medicaid billing is done on first pay cycle of each month. The second pay cycle pays old aging and corrective items
• Calling Caseworkers
• Managing daily trust which includes: daily posting of resident trust transactions in Matrix, depositing Social Security checks into resident trust accounts, and refund requests for private and trust monies within 30 days of a resident’s discharge/death from facility after assuring the account is paid in full.
• Daily deposits via desktop
• Daily operating posting in Matrix
• Bank runs
• Monthly private statements
• Quarterly trust statements
• Handling questions/concerns regarding finances
• Month end close in Matrix/Citrix
• H.S. diploma, GED or greater
• Minimum of 1-2 years related experience
• Minimum of 1- 2 years Long Term Care experience required, Assisted Living experience preferred
• Experience billing MN Medicaid through MN-ITS
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including telephone communications etiquette
• Proven organizational and prioritization skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Demonstrated experience to work confidential information in an appropriate manner
• Able to interact effectively with a diverse clientele
• Proven customer-service skills
Ecumen’s leaders are united in their efforts to innovate, empower and honor. All interactions with clients and staff are centered on these qualities. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity and believe you would fit in with our leadership style, please apply by September 20, 2013 at www.ecumen.org/jobs.
Drug Free Workplace