Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Assistant Business Office Manager I, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, coworkers,
visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion,
Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of the
facility in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to nursing facility operations, and as
may be directed by the Executive Director. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and
implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
AsAssistant Business Office Manager I, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out
your assigned duties. This job description does not list all
the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in implementing the day-to-day functions of the accounting department.
2. Bill all Medicaid on the first business day of the month.
3. Bill all new Medicaid approvals within 24 hours of receipt of the approval letter.
4. Invoice HMO within 48 hours of discharging a resident.
5. Invoice HMO on all residents, in-house at the end of the month, by the third business day of the next month.
6. Invoice all co-insurance within 48 hours of receiving a remittance from Medicare.
7. Make follow up calls on a weekly basis to insurance and private balances.
8. Report Medicaid pending every Friday by 2:00 PM, where appropriate.
9. Report cash collections by Friday at 2:00 PM, where appropriate.
10. Post all cash on a daily basis.
11. Post pharmacy key occurrence codes monthly.
12. Implement written policies and procedures that govern the accounting functions of the facility.
13. Assist in the establishment and maintenance of an adequate accounting system that reflects the operating cost of the facility.
14. Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high-school diploma or its equivalent. Two-year degree preferred.
Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year experience in bookkeeping or accounting practices. Experience in health care accounting preferred
but not required.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and possess good communication skills.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the
Must be able to type 45 words per minute, and use a 10-key calculator.
Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc.,
that are necessary for providing sound accounting techniques.
Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors based on
whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing accounting practices.
Must be knowledgeable of computers, data entry/retrieval, output, etc.
Must possess the ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, and legible manner.
Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Consulate Health Care - 17 months ago