Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Expectations for all Employees:
Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting an ongoing commitment to the highest standards in all phases of laboratory operations. Assumes service-oriented attitude to gain a sense of pride and accomplishment. Accepts the team approach with dedication and commitment towards all work performed.
Position Purpose and Summary:
Ensure prompt and courteous service to clients and patients in the areas of billing, payment posting, and customer service, whether on the telephone or in person.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: understanding and experience with Business Math; Excellent Customer Service skills; basic keyboard and computer skills; accurate data entry.
General Areas of Responsibility:
General Physical Requirements:
- Perform data entry and efficiently utilize laboratory billing software programs as well as payer eligibility programs, etc.
- Accurately post payments to patient and client accounts; balancing and reconciliation.
- Provide exceptional service by telephone, e-mail and in person to external (patients, clients) and internal (other departments, lab sites, etc.) customers.
- Understand basics of HCFA professional billing and reimbursement from insurance companies, CPT and ICD-9 coding, patient billing and collections.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA, HITECH and Medicare compliance, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Develop and document procedures as needed for new workflow processes.
- Analyze processes that impact accounts receivable and recommend solutions.
- Follow all established quality protocols.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Typically sits for extended period of times