We are an equal opportunity employer.
Expectations for all Employees:
Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting an ongoing commitment to the highest standards in all phases of the company's operations. Assumes service-oriented attitude to gain a sense of pride and accomplishment. Accepts the team approach with dedication and commitment towards all work performed.
Position Purpose and Summary:
Ensure prompt and courteous service to clients and patients in the areas of billing, payment posting, and customer service, whether on the telephone or in person.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: understanding and experience with Business Math; Excellent Customer Service skills; basic keyboard and computer skills; accurate data entry.
General Areas of Responsibility:
General Physical Requirements:
- Perform data entry and use the laboratory billing programs and payor eligibility programs.
- Accurately post payments to patient and client accounts using a payment posting program.
- Understanding of billing and reimbursement from insurance companies.
- Understanding of government billing and payment regulations.
- Understanding of other departments and how they interact with the Business Office.
- Participate in Quality Assurance Monitors.
- Follow all established I.Q. protocols
- Take Customer Service phone calls and follow up of patient and client requests.
- Filing, use of postage machine, copy machine, calculator as needed.
- Send out, monitor, and input missing data.
- Perform electronic and paper billing to payers.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Typically sits for extended period of times