The Business Operations Associate (BOA) is a one year co-op position with potential for permanent employment after the first year based upon personal performance and company needs. We are looking for a high potential candidate with limited experience who is eager to get their foot in the door at a growing company in the process control industry. Experitec, a sales representative for Emerson Process Management, has provided engineering expertise for more than thirty years in process control for the Chemical, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Power, Food & Beverage, and other industries. Experitec believes outstanding people are the key to success and that’s why our company prides itself on treating every employee like family. Maintaining a relaxed, stress-free, family oriented work environment ensures a level of employee and customer satisfaction that can’t be matched. We are Experitec-No Equal .
The Business Operations Associate will be primarily an administrative position which will perform multiple responsibilities across the business depending upon internal need and the individual’s skill set. This position is an opportunity for a new graduate to gain experience in a professional business setting and learn how a business operates on day-to-day basis. The BOA will gain a greater understanding of the execution side of our business around order processing as well as a basic understanding for our products and services, the industries we serve, and the strategy for selling our products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general administrative duties
- Utilize MS Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and other technology tools
- Prioritizes various competing tasks and performs them quickly and efficiently according to their urgency
- Responsible for purchase orders including reviewing order requirements; acknowledgment of the order to the customer; and order entry into the business system.
- Support the Sales Associates when needed
- Perform requested duties in other departments as needed
- Develop an understanding of our customers’ purchase order requirements, systems and process requirements to add value and build customer loyalty.
- Document internal business processes
- Understand the processes, tools, systems, and technology to effectively manage order fulfillment, maintain required schedules, and communicate problems and requirements
- Review all pricing or order related questions from order entry detailers, pricing department or customer and work with customer and suppliers for resolution or correction
Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills)
- New Graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Business or Engineering degree preferred)
- Graduation Date Range: May 2011- May 2013
Additional Required Knowledge & Skills:
- No experience required
- Internship experience preferred
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be goal oriented and self-driven
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
Experitec - 14 months ago
Experitec offers a complete range of products and services to meet any process control challenge. For more than 30 years, Experitec formerly...