About the Business Operations Team Leader
The purpose of the role is to manage, lead and develop a team of 10-25 Consumer Service Advisors to provide Fun, Reliable, Knowledgeable and Engaging service to Consumers via phone, e-mail and letters.
Key Focus Areas:
The Team leader will use a blend of (real time) performance management and coaching to ensure that all team members are equipped to meet their Key Performance Indicators and COT’s in a way which maximizes motivation and job satisfaction.
The Business Operations Team Leader will inspire and motivate the team to deliver a great consumer experience, increasing the affinity our consumers feel for our brand and our products. (Evidenced by the Net Promoter Score and Quality scores) whilst meeting the profitability, quality and productivity goals of the business.
The Team leader will lead his/her team through change in support of the company’s growth strategy. He/she will motivate and inspire the team to incorporate and maintain our essential LEGO consumer service and quality values in any new consumer touch point or future consumer experiences the company will encounter.
40% Skill Development:
40% Management Activities:
- Reviewing team’s performance and create and follow up on action or improvement plans for all team members based on all available quality reporting. Regularly feedback to BOM on findings and progress.
- Delivering coaching and other developmental activities that are tailored to the needs of the individual, utilizing senior advisors where appropriate.
- Balancing and blending the use of performance management and feedback (directive) and coaching (GROW model, non-directive) based on the needs of the individual and the business.
- Ensuring IDP's are in place and documented for all team members and are reviewed regularly. Providing support in line with individual and business needs.
10% Direct Consumer Contact:
- Role-modeling our behavioral values: Fun, Reliable, Knowledgeable and Engaging
- Providing visible leadership to all department staff (not just own team), facilitating two-way communication of information and initiatives and actively working to improve culture of openness and trust.
- Ensuring team members adhere to designated schedules (start/finish, break and training times).
- Supporting the Workforce Planning Specialist in directing the balance of team tasks (e.g. phone, e-mail, data entry, outbound calls etc.)
- Proactively managing sickness and productivity, behavioral and disciplinary issues, seeking guidance from BOM and HR as appropriate.
- Ensuring a healthy, positive team environment, addressing issues and providing feedback where necessary in a timely manner.
- Conducting regular team meetings and one-to-one meetings to ensure team understands current performance. Clear actions are agreed upon and communicated via the most effective channels.
- Contributing to and supporting actions resulting from Pulse and internal Staff Satisfaction Surveys in order to drive process improvement and maximize job enrichment.
- Conducting annual PMP review for team members and contributes to the HR People Review process.
10% Special Projects:
- Handling escalated consumer calls that are beyond the scope of the first escalation level to resolve or as appropriate as scheduled Shift Leader. Strives to maximize consumer satisfaction and resolve issues in a way that balances the needs of the consumer and the business.
- Proactively handles contacts in times of extreme volumes or staff shortages
- Engages in special contact center related projects as required.
- Participates in seasonal recruitment projects as required to support recruitment & seasonality manager.
I'm in consumer services - I deliver ideas - I'm a builder
- Ability to manage people effectively and work in a team, good organizational skills, good knowledge of MS Office, aptitude for learning new systems, collaborative team player, self-directed and driven by customer experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School diploma required. College degree or equivalent job experience preferred
- Relevant people management experience with a focus on coaching and developing teams; experience with contact center technology; SAP and CRM system knowledge a plus. Experience in debt controls and fraud prevention preferred
- Ability to demonstrate team leadership and process improvement experience
- Occasional domestic and international travel
Being the most trusted brand in the world is a huge responsibility and we put immense pride into our work. Working in a highly competitive and fast-moving market, we use our imagination every day – in the way we go about our jobs, our experience-based approach to learning and our inventive career development, without ever compromising our devotion to quality.
What are you going to build today?
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
We are proud to be an AAP EEO employer M/F/V/D
The LEGO Group, a privately-held firm based in Billund, Denmark. The LEGO Group is committed to the development of children's creative and...