For over 30 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying. As part of the larger Panasonic brand, our name shows commitment and investment to improving quality of life. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Panasonic Avionics Corporation maintains corporate and engineering offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Tokyo, and Dubai; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities throughout the world.
This position is responsible for supporting business groups in establishing KPI’s/scorecards, implementing PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle processing and supporting complex Process Improvement Initiatives for Panasonic Avionics.
• Establish and maintain key performance indicators for group and/or project including lead, lag, and process improvement measurements.
• Establish and maintain group and/or project scorecards, graphs and tables supporting the business groups and or projects.
• Establish and manage the plan, do, check, act cycle for business objectives which are not meeting the established goal.
• Collect and Analyze data to identify risks and perform root-cause analysis on areas of risk. Establish and track action plans, working with cross functional teams.
• Define, document and analyze business processes for both “as-is” and “to-be” processes.
• Collect and analyze the projects’ business requirements, transferring knowledge to development team.
• Contribute to the conceptual design, communication and implementation of procedures, processes, tools and applications for business processes.
• Create business case justification and ROI for process improvement projects.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel required and Powerpoint. Skills with Minitab (or other statistical software tool), Quality Companion and MS Project highly desired.
• Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
• Ability to analyze and document very complex business processes.
• Ability to think analytically and should be an advanced level problem solver.
• Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
• Advanced demonstrated knowledge with Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle.
• Advanced demonstrated knowledge in root cause analysis and corrective actions process.
• Proven ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization from executives to staff members.
• Ability to develop communication plans to drive awareness of supply chain functions and changes.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills based on strong functional and technical knowledge, as well as solid planning and organizational skills.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Demonstrated excellence at written and verbal communication in a multi-cultural environment.
• 9-10 years experience in process improvement within the electronics or aviation-manufacturing experience.
• Advanced Lean and Six Sigma experience required.
• A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. An additional four years’ of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration desired.
• Certified Business Analysts Professional Highly Desired.
• Project Management Experience with PMP highly desired.
• Ability to travel up to 20-30%