Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and
transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The Continuous Improvement group within PG&E’s gas operations is new. It resides within the larger organizational branch of the Asset Knowledge Management Department – Data Quality.
Key functions of the Data Quality department include evaluate effectiveness of, and recommend improvements in business process, practice and procedures. Business process related activities
often centered around measuring and improving quality, cost effectiveness, efficiency, customer satisfaction and other desired business outcomes and strategic business decisions. Revamping
PG&E’s quality programs is a Top 10 priority for our leadership and this position will be a part of the exciting effort to rebuild and reshape data quality impacting all areas of the gas operations
data, implement leading quality management practices, and ultimately ensure the safest operation for our employees and the public we serve.
The Business Process Analyst, Continuous Improvement is responsible to evaluate the effectiveness of PG&E’s gas operations data conversion projects by performing data quality
reviews through field assessments, interviews, and data collection and analysis. The objective is to determine if requirements are being met and to evaluate if process controls are sufficient.
Results and improvement recommendations are presented in reports of sufficient detail to enable management to plan corrective actions to prevent future problems from occurring.
variety of data analysis tools
- 2 years related experience
- Understands fundamental technical/professional concepts.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in technical/professional concepts and in the use of a
overnight stays required.
- Advanced analytical skill and techniques.
- Able to evaluate and analyze audit evidence and assist in the development of audit results.
- Travel required 10% of time. Most travel can be accomplished daily; however, occasional
- Six Sigma – Green Belt
- ASQ Certified Quality Improvement Specialist
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other applicable field of study
- Experience in auditing or quality assurance/controls
- Accomplished with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of internal regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of statistical methods
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt
- Accomplished with Microsoft Visio
- Utility experience
- Familiarity with CAD/GIS
training in a one-on-one or group setting.
- Effectiveness and Root Cause Analysis: Evaluate and measure success of various business processes, practices and procedures and identify opportunities for improvements. Compile and analyzes data, document work process and procedures, conduct internal and/or external surveys and interviews in order to identify and quantify issues and recommend solutions.
- Metrics and Reporting: Develops and tracks business process related metrics. Develops and maintains standard, custom and ad-hoc reports.
- Quality Assurance: Develop and update quality standards, monitor quality, identify issues and recommend improvements.
- Business Process Improvement: Business process improvement activities in support of the business, including process mapping and re-design.
- Training Content Development and Delivery: May develop and/or deliver end-to-end process
- Project Management: May lead projects, determine scope, budget, timeframes, form teams, assign tasks, manage resources and issues.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company - 21 months ago
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...