"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, supports the execution of key business strategies by employing sound business process engineering methodologies to drive increased efficiencies and effectiveness in business process design and project scoping. Works across the enterprise to resolve business issues and implement solutions in areas that include organizational effectiveness, performance measures, maximizing technology solutions, and process improvement. Serves as a change agent, coach, and facilitator. Takes work direction and learns from more experienced and Business Process Engineers.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
* May lead business design teams and activities related to improvement opportunities or large corporate initiatives, including leading current state process discovery sessions, gathering requirements, modeling processes, analyzing impacts, and supporting the implementation of improvements. May also serve on teams engaged in the most significant and far-reaching projects.
* Researches, analyzes, and creates current and future business process designs, capability maps, work flows, and data flows to identify areas for improvement, and makes recommendations to management or to more senior Business Process Engineers.
* Provides analysis to align business strategies, capabilities, and processes with applications, data, and technology.
* Applies techniques to value or quantify the business process improvement opportunities and related risks for prioritization and post-change return on investment analysis.
* Identifies and supports the development and implementation performance metrics and measurement systems supporting process design changes.
* Participates in the rollout of new processes or process improvements providing presentations, training, workshop coordination or other such effort.
* Maintains process documentation and inventory/catalog
* Incorporates industry standards and best practices into processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
* Monitors risks, issues and decisions related to business process design, recommends, and engages in resolution as appropriate.
* Works with senior Business Process Engineers or management to provide to the Enterprise Project Management Office detailed scoping and other project- related documents as required for successful handoff of business design and requirements to project teams.
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
* Optimizing or implementing, complex business processes. This includes evaluating the function of technology, making design recommendations, and identifying cross-divisional barriers.
* Designing and implementing performance measurement systems for evaluating staff performance and conducting cost benefit analysis.
* Solving complex business problem/issues by facilitating discovery/analysis, framing the problem, developing an action plan, and executing the plan.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Qualifications – The following qualifications are representative of the basic knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
* Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
* Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
Other (please specify)
* Ability to positively influence and motivate others.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Experience with tools, methodologies, and techniques for process modeling, capability mapping, and workflow design
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills: teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution
* Possesses superior written and oral communication skills. Position will require giving presentations to all levels of management and staff.
* Successful candidate must be flexible, with the ability to work independently on a lead, team, or individual basis.
* Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to think strategically.
* Advanced level of keyboarding skills.
* Advanced knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
* Thorough knowledge of relational database reporting and dashboard tools preferred.
* Knowledge of Process Modeling tool preferred (e.g. Visio, IBM Websphere Business Process Modeler or similar).
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the organization’s business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
Education and Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial engineering, information management or other relevant academic discipline, supplemented by 4-6 years of increasingly responsible experience in QA, TQM, process engineering, process/capability modeling and data modeling, with prior team or project lead experience preferred..
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Master level certification in relevant Business Process Management or Continuous Improvement Discipline preferred (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma).
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
An incumbent in this job occasionally walks, and reaches with hands and arms. The majority of work time is spent sitting; using hands to finger, handle, feel, or key data; and making use of the abilities to speak and hear. Required visual capacities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. May occasionally have to move or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work is performed in an environmentally-controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions. Occasional travel outside the office is required.
BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City - 18 months ago