Line of Business: Community Banking Div Group
Job Category: Administrative Support Workers
1. Associate?s degree in a related field
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. Two years of experience as an active BSA I or equivalent job experience
3. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to internal
and external clients and contacts
4. Good organizational skills
5. Proficiency in use of personal computer, typewriter, and/or basic
6. Ability to complete all core courses outlined in the Business Services
Assistant training curriculum
7. Possess working product knowledge of bank services
8. Possess math aptitude with ability to grasp general accounting and financial
9. Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and resolve technical problems
independently, as they relate to the Bank?s automated loan and deposit
1. Assist Relationship Managers with the initial stages of the loan origination
process through timely and accurate collection of information to be supplied to
the Business Lending Closing Center.
2. Assist Relationship Managers in problem loan management and collection
activities through review of past due reports, monitoring of payment postings on
the bank?s loan system, assisting as directed in early and frequent contact with
past due clients to ensure payment, and bringing potential collection issues to
the awareness of the Relationship Manager.
3. Assist Relationship Mangers by providing sales support, including assistance
with call preparation (using First Research, LexisNexis, ProActiv, and internal
4. Assist in basic servicing of business deposit accounts assigned to
Relationship Managers, including completion of necessary forms and
documentation, verifying accuracy of account openings on the bank?s deposit
system, and pulling monthly At-Risk and Waive/Exception Pricing Reports for
review by Relationship Managers.
5. Assist in deposit acquisition through understanding of business deposit
products and partnering with Relationship Managers to execute business deposit
6. Provide superior client service as related to business loan and deposit
services, taking ownership of client needs and requests, following through to
ensure timely and accurate resolution.
7. Support the Sales Process and portfolio growth through recognition of
referral opportunities for the bank?s sales force and maintaining knowledge and
awareness of BB&T products and services. Partner with Relationship Manager?s
and IRM partners in bringing attention to any potential client needs recognized
through client contact or cursory review of available financial information.
8. Assist Relationship Managers in general portfolio management, including
accurate and efficient preparation and processing of business loan and deposit
transactions and maintenance, focusing on the primary areas of loan quality,
yield, growth and client service satisfaction.
9. Serve as a mentor to less-experienced Business Services Assistants.
Experience supporting a commercial lending team necessary.
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...