Works under the supervision of the Business Services Manager and the Director of Clinical Operations.
- Schedules and verifies patient appointments within EMR while coordinating with physicians, staff and other departments
- Finds solutions to scheduling problems and adjusts schedules when necessary
- Manages patient flow
- Updates/verifies patient insurance information and comments are accurate
- Effectively utilizes clinical knowledge when determining if appointment request is consistent with the diagnosis/indications provided
- Responds to correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations either written or oral in a timely, accurate manner
- Engineers all doctors schedules
- Monitor, track, and call all patient no shows
- Notify clinical staff of changes in changes of schedules as they occur
- Fill cancellations and openings in schedules while maintaining a cancellation log
- Attends and participates in educational activities, workshops, staff meetings, and in-services
- Daily cross coverage of other positions (Patient Ambassador and Health Information Specialist) as listed below:
- Phone station coverage between 8-5
- Schedule new, follow-up, and specialist patient appointments
- Record accurate notes/information in the scheduling system to provide essential details for the billing staff
- Train to become expert level users in the scheduling and Electronic Medical Records ( EMR ) (Cerner)
- Train and learn additional electronic ordering systems relevant to various vendors for ordering of items – clinical and non-clinical
- Proficient in the processes involved in reviewing patient medical records for completeness
- Train and learn additional medical terminology to support the cross coverage efforts
- Scanning documentation into the EMR in the patient encounter is a project that all members accomplish to connect schedule, billing, and patient encounter
- Contact referral physician offices for follow-up encounters as a service for the patient continuity of care
- Prepare medical releases, record requests and additional scheduling details for all patient cases, including unique medical conditions
- Confirm patient appointments, call patients if they are a no-show to appointment
- Special projects as assigned to ensure the proper handling of protected health information ( PHI ) while adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Receipt of medical shipments, office supplies, and cleaning supplies
- Attend marketing events with Business Services Manager
- Collect co-pays and reconcile bank daily
- Attend staff meetings
A high school diploma and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. If minimum requirements of the position do not require post high school education, an applicant is not required to provide the information on the application.
Preferred Candidates will have the following:
- College Degree
- Experience in hospitality and customer service
Applicants applying for this position will also be considered for position # 40206.
This is a time limited funded position. Employment is subject to availability of funding and may cease at the time funding for this employment is depleted.
Applications must be completed in its entirety as per instructions via the jobswithucf.com website including most recent/current employment information. Applications that are incomplete or not up-to-date will not be considered.
This position does not require college credits. If the selected applicant claims college credit on the application for this position, an official college transcript must be provided within 30 days of the hire date. This applies whether the applicant is a new hire or promoted from among current UCF employees.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.