Under the direction of the supervisor, the Business Site Representative (BSR) will evaluate and monitor patient accounts, expedite payments, complete daily balancing, perform clerical and administrative duties while maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism.
• Provides outstanding customer service in an effort to establish a trusting relationship between providers, staff and patients.
• Check-out patients, collects co-pays, schedules/confirms appointments, and verifies insurance, handles past due balances with patient and takes appropriate action to expedite payments by offering alternative methods.
• Handles daily cash, balancing and deposits. Updates spreadsheets to reflect daily activity.
• Develops, within confines of policy, payment programs adapted to patient capabilities and health center practice. Monitors such programs ensuring that payment arrangements are upheld.
• Handles payment options including financial hardship, credit counseling, budgets and settlements.
• Prepares itemized statements for health center patients. Works closely with department insurance staff, conduct research to resolve coverage and insurance issues.
• Reviews daily encounters to ensure registration and insurance accuracy.
• Serves as an on-site resource for insurance and registration education to PSRs.
• Acts as liaison and collaborator for CIP support between sites and CBO.
• Prepares organization of next day appointments, review of outstanding balances for collections eligibility and provide back up for Self Pay duties.
• Consistently display high standards of integrity by demonstrating behavior consistent with Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission, vision and goals.
• Maintain high regard for member privacy in accordance with corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Perform other functions as assigned by management.
• Regular reliable attendance is expected and required.
• A.A.S. degree in Business Administration with emphasis in accounting and customer service and a minimum of 1 year relevant experience.
• Must possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and initiative.
• Good patient and public contact capabilities; diplomacy required to deal constructively with patients whose accounts are in arrears.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and PC skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel to additional sites for training and meeting purposes.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lifetime Health Medical Group - 6 months ago