HOURS: Full time - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F, Exempt position.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs varied administrative and underwriting duties to assist members of the underwriting department. Primary duties include processing policy changes, policy issuance and data entry functions. Also assist internal and external customers as needed through both written and verbal contact. Provide back-up receptionist relief on as needed basis.
- Associate’s degree preferred (or equivalent experience).
- One to three years’ experience in underwriting customer service and clerical support.
- Insurance/medical background.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word for Windows and Excel
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work with each department
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and seek/take direction as needed
- Model stewardship in the communities we serve.
- Model the Ownership Spirit in daily work.