Business support position available within the Electricity, Resources and Building Systems Integration Center. This position will provide general administrative support to the Center, with a focus on the Transmission and Grid Integration Group, the Distributed Energy Group as well as the Solar Resources & Forecasting Group in day-to-day operations and management. |
The successful candidate will report to the Center Director and work under general supervision to independently carry out activities such as:
• Collaborate with other administrative professionals to develop and maintain administrative systems as needed.
• Coordinate Monthly Highlights Submittals for the Groups
• Organize and maintain administrative databases and record systems. Ensuring that data are consistent with center-wide, directorate-wide, and lab-wide systems.
• Organize and manage webinars, meetings, and other means of effective collaboration in support of project objectives.
• Support financial, contract, and other administrative recordkeeping and tracking. Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with project data.
• Conduct tasks that require a high degree of confidentiality.
• Routinely interface with NREL technology managers, executive management, and DOE administrative staff.
• Coordinate and track Safe Operating Procedures (SOP) for Groups through the SOP tracking process
• Coordinate and track actions and deliverables as required.
• Coordinate and arrange travel, including travel approvals and processing expense reports.
• Assist in administrative aspects of annual performance reviews for the groups.
• Conduct general administrative duties such as answering phones, coordinating catering/beverages when appropriate for meetings, and taking meeting notes.
• Coordinate safety inspections of lab and office space for the Groups and enter findings into NREL’s Inspection Tracking System.
• Other appropriate duties as assigned.
As with all NREL staff, this position will place an emphasis on following all ES&H policies and procedures to ensure and maintain a safe working environment.
Intermediate skills in applicable software packages and office equipment.
Basic project administration skills.
Ability to prioritize work.
Proficient in written and verbal communications.
Very good team and interpersonal skills.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience.
Or, relevant Associate's Degree or certification program of comparable scope or equivalent relevant education/experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Solid knowledge of the job. Substantial understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
Intermediate skills in applicable software packages and office equipment. Basic project administration skills. Ability to prioritize work. Proficient in written and verbal communications. Very good team and interpersonal skills.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Relevant administrative and technical proficiency:
•Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
•Previous experience with meeting management and event coordination.
•Creativity in developing new operational and management techniques for improved efficiency.
•Experience organizing meetings, workshops, file sharing and webinars.
Preferred Qualifications Experience with Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience tracking and troubleshooting financial and other data.
Experience maintaining the content and administration of SharePoint sites.
Experience with financial data using Oracle.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated professional who can work independently to address the administrative needs of diverse technical teams.
NREL is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. NREL promotes a work environment that does not discriminate against workers or job applicants and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or veteran status, including special disabled veterans.
NREL validates right to work using E-Verify. NREL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please see www.nrel.gov/employment/eeo.html .