"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Under general direction, formulates and defines systems and business process scope and objectives based on both business and user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and processes. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
* Creates and/or updates the appropriate Project Management Methodology (PMM) documents within the needed timeframes.
* Provides assistance concerning the resolution of complex business and technical problems and effectively communicates complex information and developments to appropriate staff.
* Provides project leadership to facilitate the implementation of new complex applications and complex enhancements of existing applications.
* Manages relationships with vendors and outside resources and acts as liaison between the vendor and the internal customer.
* Develops complex data collection, reporting, and tracking mechanisms for process and staff performance management. Performs complex information reporting and analysis functions, both ongoing and ad hoc.
* Incorporates analytical and problem resolution skills to effectively train end users. Assists/consults in the development of training materials and conducts training sessions on complex software applications.
* Analyzes customer feedback from multiple sources and recommends major business process and system improvements to management and/or the appropriate committees.
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
To be determined
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Qualifications – The following qualifications are representative of the basic knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deals with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other (please specify)
* Ability to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to customer needs, and to solicit customer comments for service improvement.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Advanced level knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access (or similar applications) preferred.
Education and Years of Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S.) in business administration, computer science, information systems, or a related academic field, with 3-5 years of relevant experience working with operational processes, preferably within the healthcare industry; or any combination of education and experience providing the required types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems and business analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology and process changes to the current and future business environment.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
The employee normally sits while performing duties. The employee frequently uses hands to finger, handle, and feel; and reaches with hands or arms. Must occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work is performed in an environmentally-controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions.
BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -