The main focus of this position is to function as the Business Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Oracle Single Instance Migration projects. This position reports to the IT BI Manager, and will have a dotted line reporting relationship with the Oracle Program Manager within the IT Global Project Management Office. The position will participate in teams at the business unit (Rosemount) and group (Emerson Process Management) level. Strong influencing and negotiating skills necessary to work in a matrixed environment driving Oracle migrations towards standard Oracle solutions sets. Knowledge of MS SharePoint, MS Project Server and knowledge of project management best practices are desired.
Standard activities may also include:
1. Responsible for analysis, design and implementation of new or enhanced business reporting systems following IT standards.
2. Responsible for planning and maintenance of effectiveness of assigned reporting systems.
- Normally performs project leader function for major system projects providing functional expertise.
- Responsible for feasibility study of proposed projects.
- Prepares time and cost schedules to insure the commitment of resources through each phase of the project.
- Responsible for development of the ‘wants and needs’ list and approval.
- Responsible for software evaluation, including vendor analysis, vendor surveys and interviews
- Responsible for vendor selection activities: presents evaluation data to management, prepares Appropriation Request, and obtains Appropriation Request approval.
- Responsible for requirement definition including final report and User Interface definition, logical system flow and implementation plans.
- Responsible for complete documentation and follow-up evaluation.
- Responsible for implementation including vendor and in-house testing, readiness assessment, training and hardware capacity evaluation.
3. Provides input to budget process.
- Identifies data warehouse and reporting impact of changes in Rosemount Inc. business, user needs, external business environment (i.e. government regulation) and operating specifications.
- Reviews requirements and recommends solution method
- Develops complex business reporting solutions using both existing and new reporting tools.
- Insures documentation of assigned systems is kept up to date.
- Develops, submits and approves requests for service (BSCO) and coordinates implementation.
- Responsible for and/or participates in user training in various functional organizations as required.
4. Provides input for salary and performance reviews.
To apply for this job opening please click here.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field. Eight (8) years of related experience. 25%-35% international travel required. Oracle Applications experience is required, especially in the areas of Finance and Supply Chain. Other Oracle functional knowledge will be considered as well. Experience in working in data warehouse environment is critical. Experience with Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Oracle Business Intelligence and sound SQL query skills are also required.
Additional Company Information
Emerson Process Management ( www.emerson.com ) is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, metals and mining, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and other industries. A business unit of Emerson, Rosemount Inc. is a global leader in high-precision pressure, temperature, level, and flow instrumentation.
Rosemount Inc. offers a competitive rewards package that provides for the health, well-being, and future financial security for yourself and your dependents. Through a strong profit sharing program, employees have historically received double digit company contributions that reflect the performance of the company, and their own individual efforts. Our medical and dental plans provide for the care of yourself and your family. Life insurance and long-term disability benefits give you the peace of mind you need and protect your dependents. A flexible work schedule, vacation and holidays allow you to balance your work life with your personal schedule. Additional benefits such as tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, employee assistance programs, and onsite wellness activities are available to support you and provide the environment you need to succeed.
Emerson - 17 months ago