Hanger, Inc. (HGR) , a leader in the healthcare field of Orthotics and Prosthetics has an opening for a Business Systems Analyst, for their SPS business unit . SPS is the largest O & P distributor in the world. The business analyst role would be focused on supporting the SPS distribution and manufacturing systems for this division.
- Business Analysis and EDI specialist for the SPS Business Unit.
- Work alongside the corporate systems team supporting the organization’s application portfolio.
- Become familiar with the SPS ERP system and support.
- Provide production support of existing EDI processes.
- Setup and implement new EDI vendors.
- Serves as a technical and functional liaison between the business and development.
- Participate in the creation of standards and processes for EDI related to the SPS business unit.
- Subject matter expert on EDI and SPS systems and integration.
- Collaborate across application and infrastructure teams to deliver solutions to complex mappings and business requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Produce functional specifications and technical mapping documentation as required.
- Actively contributes to ongoing process improvement.
- Ensures SOX, HIPAA, and ITIL compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- 2-4 years of EDI processing experience, preferably in the healthcare or insurance industry setting.
- 2 years of experience with business analysis and support for an ERP system.
- Understanding of Distribution and Manufacturing business processes.
- Familiarity with EDI standards, EDI software, XML and flat file layouts.
- Working knowledge of EDI standard transaction sets and customizations to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures to support custom report development and integration.
- Demonstrated experience developing scope documents, business process flows, use cases, business requirements, and test cases.
- Experience adhering to an SDLC framework very helpful.
- Experience delivering enterprise level solutions in a timely manner and high quality.
- Exemplary verbal, written, communication, organization, and documentation skills
- Ability to produce quality work and complete multiple, simultaneous project tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet tight deadlines and function well while under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective and enduring working relationships with stakeholders, project managers, and other project participants and application owners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal teams (Development, QA, Infrastructure, Compliance, and Production Support) to ensure highest level of quality for software releases.
- Exposure to Linux/Unix.
- Hyperion/Brio reporting, a plus.
- Progress experience is a plus.
- Experience working with an ERP Application.
- Experience working with EDI and standard transaction sets.
- Experience with Commerce Connect is a plus.
- SonicMQ/Jboss experience is a plus
- Ability to define, communicates, test and deliver software enhancements and fixes.
- Understanding of relational database concepts is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with ITIL is desired.
- Strong PC skills with a working knowledge Microsoft Office suite, with strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- B.S. or B.A. in business, computer science, or information systems.
- Relevant experience with non-analytical degree or equivalent professional training may be substituted.
- Very strong understanding of software development methodologies, practices, and processes