Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is a leading provider of travel and expense management solutions. As a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider, Concur’s easy-to-use cloud-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. By driving innovation in the travel and expense industry, Concur is on a mission to create The Perfect Business Trip for both the individual traveler and enterprise organizations. In 2013, Concur was named “Best Self-Booking Tool at the Business Travel Awards. Powering evolution in travel technology, the Concur Connect platform enables the entire travel and expense ecosystem of customers, suppliers and solution partners to access and extend Concur’s T&E cloud. Concur is trusted by thousands of companies in more than 100 countries and reaches millions of employees worldwide.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is a functional analyst supporting Concur’s Information Technology department. A key to this role’s success will depend upon the candidate’s ability to maintain strong working relationships with our internal business partners which encompasses global sales, client support, and implementation organizations within Concur. Additionally, this individual will partner with internal clients and users to provide support and recommendations through requirements gathering, documentation, analysis, functional design, and implementation plans in order to meet corporate goals and objectives.
This position requires an analytical mindset, accuracy, attention to detail and creative problem solving abilities. You will assist in coordinating and assembling cross functional teams, creating project plans, managing scope and resource planning, leveraging proven standards within a project management framework to execute daily work activities.
- Become cross-functional subject matter expert for business group processes and supporting internal systems and applications.
- Review, analyze and recommend process efficiencies.
- Gather and document business and functional requirements.
- Partner with business process owners in the organization to meet corporate objectives.
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics that impact the business.
- Execute special projects as assigned.
- Work with key stakeholders and executive sponsors to define project deliverables, key measures of success and estimated ROI.
- Maintain excellent communication regarding project status and priorities with project sponsors, driving planning and tracking of tasks, schedule, resources, dependencies and success criteria.
- Maximize productivity of existing resources, increase throughput and utilization and plan for capacity changes.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Interaction with end-user community, business applications team and operations personnel throughout the process of selecting, designing developing, implementing and maintaining application software to ensure customer needs are met an appropriate capacity; controls and system integrity are maintained.
- Professionally challenge the norm, think creatively and outside of the box.
- Comply with corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a business or technology competency area preferred
- 4+ years Business analysis experience required.
- Heavy analytical skills and the ability to dig deep and discover as-is process design (organizational process flows and how supporting technology is leveraged) and to partner with the business to navigate towards a better to-be process state.
- Strong experience writing and maintaining business requirements, functional specifications, non-functional specifications, detailed design documents, technical requirements, and test plans.
- Proven experience in IT business analyst / functional analyst role(s)
- Functional familiarity with Salesforce.com and their partner ecosystem.
- Software or related industry experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, engaged, and driven. You must bring an incredible passion for what you do and drive aggressively for your clients and Concurs success. We are seeking advocates for change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong communication and influence with senior level management.
- Ability to think broadly about business process interactions, and how these processes intersect with systems. Ability to challenge the norm, diplomatically, and encourage new process methods.
- Ability to retrieve and analyze information from various client data systems
- Demonstrated experience with project execution in one or more of the following areas: application life cycle processes; projects to improve customer and/or business relationship management, or projects to deliver quality or cost reduction through improvements to operational processes.
- Experience working with functional business owners, spanning numerous business units and geographies.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, as well as a deep understanding of the value and execution of any coordinated Project Life Cycle (estimating, approvals, requirements, design, construct, iterate, test, support, etc.)
- Strong understanding of change management for business processes and systems
- Functional working knowledge of Salesforce.com (capability awareness over deep configuration), including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Financial Force PSA toolset and capabilities.
- Working familiarity with CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) technologies, ideally Big Machines.
- Experience supporting a global technology company (including project experience with global process and technology deployments).
- Experience with MS Office (Power Point, Visio, MS Project, Word, Excel)
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills
- Self motivated & self directed
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Accepts responsibility, accountability and takes pride in their work
- Meets and manages deadlines effectively
- Positive attitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Hires, develops & rewards great people
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applies this policy to all applicants and employees. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team. (M/F/D/V)
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of ‘Leadership through innovation in everything we do’. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value ‘Personal and corporate integrity’ are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
Concur - 20 months ago
Concur (NASDAQ: CNQR) is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Web and mobile-based,...