Agilex has an opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst for a mission-oriented Agile development program in the intelligence community. Primary responsibilities will be to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users. The business analyst serves as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
In general, candidate will provide expertise in the formulation of systems scope and objectives relative to the organization's business plan and requirements. Work independently and as a member of a project team responsible for providing functional and technical guidance related to the business implications of the application of various systems through the creation of detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Collaborate closely with other members of the program team (software developers, testers, operations support, and program management) and with customer stakeholders.
The business analyst will be involved throughout the entire system or software development life cycle. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, the focus is shifted towards the management of the requirements specification and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements. Will assist and participate in other parts of the software development lifecycle such as testing, user training, and the development and maintenance of documentation for audiences that include users, senior stakeholders, and other members of the development team.
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers and technical staff and to write requirements specifications using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers and engineering)
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Participate in requirements prioritization with stakeholders and project members
- Developing, and managing requirements and related artifacts such as user stories, use cases, requirements traceability verification matrices (RVTMs) and test plans. Must be able to develop detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Experience working on software development projects in the intelligence community, specifically agile development projects.
- Ability to work independently with senior clients and as a member of a large project team.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) and five to ten years of related work experience.
Experience writing and maintaining documents for customer stakeholders (e.g. user manuals).
Experience developing software design artifacts (e.g. process flowcharts, UML)
Experience integrating systems with multiple stakeholders and business cases
Agile development experience
Agile development training
Experience with MS SharePoint
Experience conducting training, testing, O&M, and other user support activities
Flexibility with regard to working at a variety of locations in the Washington DC metropolitan area.
Applicant must possess a TS/SCI and polygraph.
"NVTC NAMED AGILEX “THE 2010 HOTTEST EMERGING GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR FOR THE WASHINGTON REGION”
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
For more information, visit www.Agilex.com.
Agilex - 11 months ago