1) Improves our current systems and operating efficiency by studying an assigned units practices, procedures, problems, functions and methods; confers with managers and employees to identify and confirm detailed requirements and operational objectives; evaluates input and output requirements, processes and formats.|
2) Designs computer subsystems by describing and analyzing information requirements using workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities with regards to presentation logic and user needs, and writing program specifications for either internal programmers or external vendors to develop.
3) Establishes and tracks project plans by sequencing project interim goals, determining time frames, tracking activity, resolving problems, recommending actions, reviewing vendor and programming estimates and publishing results.
4) Uses detailed analysis and description of current processes to recommend changes in procedures, methods and controls; provides reference for users by writing process documentation, providing support or help and conducting training when needed; prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
5) Under limited supervision, works through selected phases of the project from initial research and needs analysis, specification, design, testing, implementation and post- live problem solving, and may be responsible for entire project.
6) Reviews the work of one or more junior analysts.
7) Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
Minimum of eight years in property and casualty insurance industry with either five years of business systems analysis experience or in a supervisory or lead position involving computer-based insurance processing. Must be very familiar with microcomputers and office automation software, especially MS-Word or Excel. Solid experience with flowcharting methods required, with good familiarity in data modeling preferred.
Knowledge and experience with multi-platform object-oriented application development tools preferred. Excellent verbal and written skills required, with a bachelors degree in a relevant discipline or professional designation preferred.
1) Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as excellent listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas.
2) Perform simple calculations by use of 10-key calculator.
3) Follow instructions and procedures.
4) Be highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
5) Learn terminology used in position.
6) Possess ability to learn various computer applications specific to position in order to utilize these applications as required in the performance of job duties.
7) Pay close attention to detail, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a busy environment.
8) Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
9) Demonstrate ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with ability to interface with all levels within the organization in a congenial yet professional manner.
10) Possess excellent understanding of the companys goals and objectives.
11) Exhibit sound judgment and decision-making ability.
12) Maintain professional conduct and appropriate decorum at all times.
13) Performs other related duties as required.
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago