Title: Business Systems Analyst (BSA)
Location: New York - Headquarters
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) has overall responsibilities for IAVI’s reporting environment and the various operational solutions that run on IAVI’s platforms.
The BSA will be responsible for the integrity of the data, as well as support. Significant interaction will be required with Resource Mobilization and Program leadership. The BSA will also have a responsibility to analyze and implement solutions to business problems using IAVI’s operational platforms, mainly Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Agresso .
The BSA will facilitate and coordinate training, support, as well as data quality across the assigned systems, in collaboration with the other members of the team.
- Solicit, analyze and document business and enterprise-wide IT requirements; facilitate gathering such information, followed by prototyping and implementing of appropriate solutions. This includes the design and execution of data migration tasks to new systems.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches for business processes. Identify approaches that leverage resources, including the use of third party software.
- Solidify best practices to produce streamlined processes for the overall organization and aid in tracking key performance indicators (KPI).
- Work with other departments to develop reporting to broad donor base and integration into current internal organizational business processes.
- Design and revise project-based reports as necessary.
- Ensure the integrity of the data generated from various operational platforms and act as the main point of support across multiple systems and solutions.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation on system configuration, customizations, and the corresponding reporting/analytical tools.
- Participate and lead end-user training sessions. Conduct group and one-on-one training and support sessions with users, to facilitate learning and adaptation of new systems.
- Assist in the completion of high-priority special projects or other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies and project management principles.
- Previous experience writing requirements, functional specifications, test scripts and user documentation, including video training.
- Working knowledge in RDD (Relational Database Design) using MS SQL, including MS T-SQL.
- Experience designing and implementing database reporting technology; knowledge of MS SQL Reporting an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Experience in deploying and supporting enterprise systems, including ERP or middle-size financial procurement, HR management and CRM a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst.
- Significant end-user and super-user support experience (4+ years).
- How to correctly gauge the amount of process needed around activities based on their complexity and risk.
- Has a “can do” attitude; demonstrates a high level of commitment to the success of projects in which he/she has been involved. Overall commitment to very high quality output.
- Demonstrated ability work independently as well as in a cross-functional team, with a high level of initiative within guidelines.
- A ble to change priorities or switch to other projects as dictated by organizational priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally. Ability to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to non-technical end users.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and abilities to adjust focus.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- No regular travel required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IAVI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from a diversity of candidates.
International AIDS Vaccine Initiative - 18 months ago
New York, NY
- 4 days ago
New York, NY
- 1 day ago
K10 - Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc.
New York, NY
- 5 days ago