Position Title |
Business Systems Analyst
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With minimal direction, the Business Systems Analyst II formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications. Not only possesses full technical knowledge of most phases of systems analysis, but also considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. May instruct, direct, and check the work of business systems analysis personnel. May act as a team leader for projects with moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration. Must be committed to meeting deadlines with a high level of performance excellence. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for development, implementation, troubleshooting, and customer service of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
· Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
· Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis; ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
· Provides technical and analytical guidance to team and stakeholders
· Responsible for analyzing and resolving IT/project management problems
· Reports progress on assigned work to manager and project stakeholders, as required. Oversees and monitors the effectiveness of services (service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation and continual service improvement) and makes recommendations for improvements, overseeing those improvements as required
· Identifies, recommends, and manages the solution implementations for a broad range of Information Technologies
· Performs general team and system administration
· Responsible for development, implementation, troubleshooting of data automation for individual projects
· Performs SQL Server system administration
· On call for SQL Servers, Applications, Data Automation, and Customer Service
· Traveling for requested IT projects (BAT, Infinity)
Using experience and business acumen to ensure all existing and new business needs are met with the Business Analysis Tool system. Ensure self and team operates in a safe, hazard controlled work environments that result in zero injuries.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Safety/Stewardship: Promote safety program, meet safety goals and meet all government standards and ensure compliance with all laws and regulations. Understand and implement safe work practices with a focus on ergonomics and eye strain.
- System-wide Support: Responsibility for working closely with FCO management and other business leaders. Work closely with IT, finance and operations, to develop and implement systems. Develop BAT procedures, work instructions & specifications that impact all Centers of Excellence. Ensure compliance with customer requirements. Ensure BAT system provides high ratings from all customers. Address deficiencies quickly. Maintain system security.
- Productivity Improvement: Ensure BAT systems provide new innovative tools that help eliminate manual processes in order to monitor performance and predict future states and then help develop and implement solutions to improve performance to meet or exceed business plans.
- Customer Satisfaction: Monitor non-conformances and system trends and help develop improvement actions and ensure proper root cause analysis and corrective actions are implemented. Provide support to Centers of Excellence as needed to maintain good customer relationships.
- Safe working environment with zero injuries through use of the safety excellence model.
- Uphold Critical Operating Tasks (BAT Must Have’s) for team.
- Where assigned responsibility, ensure consistency of systems across Centers of Excellence.
- Ensure BAT reporting systems are in compliance with all end user requirements. Drive non-conformances to a minimum.
- Ensure Infinity system is in compliance with all end user requirements.
- Administer / Program Lotus Notes and Intelligen systems.
- Support cost reduction and cost improvements by providing accurate, timely metrics across business functions (ie: safety, quality, productivity, finance, commercial, OPEX, etc.).
- Develop and implement standardized reporting procedures.
- Maintain good system documentation.
- Ability to prioritize work load to meet deadlines.
- Ensure security and controlled access to each business system data.
- Ensure system uptime and reliability as well as back-up and rapid data retrieval after outages.
- Position typically requires a quantitative/analytical undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- Three to five years of financial analysis, operational or planning experience, preferably with a major manufacturing company; in addition to a successful track record in completing complex analytical/programming projects. Converting experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Proficient in preparing and delivering presentations.
- Good business acumen, problem solving and decision making skills to achieve results.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and financial processes.
- Programming expertise (certifications preferred) in C#, ASP.NET, Visual Basic, .NET, SQL, DB2, Lotus Formula Language, Lotus Script.
- Experience with MRP systems(BPCS, SAP,PECAS) preferred.
- Proficiency with Application types: Windows Form (primary), Web (secondary),NET Languages: C#, Visual Basic, ASP and Database Types: SQL Server, DB2, NotesSQL.
- Infragistics or similar programming languages; Infinity process control system or similar.
- Process Control/SPC, Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing training preferred.
- Occasionally required to work overtime and weekends. On call 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
- Ability to travel 10% required.
For internal use only: This role will be filled at a grade 13-14, depending on experience.
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...