Our vision at Petco is
Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
To analyze and effectively modify existing data systems. Serves as a technical liaison between IT and the business, so must be able to effectively balance between the day to day operations and the needs of the business.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities
ith or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Formulates and defines business systems scope and objectives by bringing technical knowledge of IT systems and processes to new projects within the business
- Analyzes production, distribution, cost analysis, finance, marketing, human resources, and/or a variety of other business and technical problems to formulate and develop new/modified information processing systems
- Communicate with the business to define and refine solutions for their technical needs
- Represents the business activity in all system requirements such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition and systems techniques and controls
- Possesses full technical knowledge and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment
- Requires knowledge of enterprise systems, business processes and workflow
- Prioritize the business needs of the operations using finite available resources in order to develop a solution that is consistent with the current human resources, financial and technology strategy
No supervisory or lead responsibilities.
Typically the incumbent will be in an office setting seated, in artificial light and working for prolonged periods of time on the computer.
Normally requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in information technology, computer science or related technical curriculum. Requires a minimum of two years progressively responsible professional experience in function. Prior retail merchandising or pricing system skills are essential, including exposure to large SKU bases and seasonal items. Prior experience with Oracle Retail will allow this person to effectively support the growth of the business.
Petco - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Petco… where the healthy pets go
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and advice that...