Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRA) is a sixteen year old, publicly traded company (NASDAQ-PRAA) that represents a diverse mix of business and government services that continues to expand. We now operate in more than ten states with a focus on charged-off and bankrupt consumer debt purchase, skip location, government revenue administration, and the monitoring and filing of class action claims. We have also been awarded as one of the 100 Best Small Companies in America, according to the prestigious annual rankings list sponsored by premier business magazine, Forbes. We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join our Information Technology team located in Rosemont, IL.
The successful candidate must be comfortable facilitating meetings with business customers to gather and document application requirements then work with members of our IT team and end users to present project requirements and ensure they are understood and developed correctly.
· Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the client’s business area.
· Documents functional requirements. Identifies gaps and potential issues within those requirements
· Creates the functional design, leveraging advanced and /or specialized technical knowledge, for multiple projects.
· Contributes to developing the high level technical design documents for multiple projects and business functions.
· Assists with overall project planning by contributing to/creating project definitions for intermediate projects in their area of responsibility.
· Assists with preparing project initiation documents including timelines, resource requirements, hardware and software requirements, and project risks.
· Organizes leads and finalizes design review sessions for intermediate business and functional requirements and documents resulting decisions.
· Obtains sign-off of requirements documents and functional design with business clients.
· Schedules and conducts user acceptance demonstrations prior to implementation.
· Consults on the content of functional test plans for assigned applications/projects.
· Identifies testable business requirements for complex projects / applications.
· Supports the conduct of functional test plan inspections.
· Supports data analysis and validation from functional tests.
· Partners with the business across multiple functions in their area of responsibility to ensure new/revised business and functional requirements are defined and documented.
· Provides change request direction for multiple projects in their area of responsibility.
· Manages the issues log for multiple projects in their area of responsibility.
Qualifications include knowledge of software development life cycle, SQL, MS Office Products and IIS Web Application along with a Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in information technology or related degree and a minimum of three years related experience and/or training is required. Previous experience in a similar capacity is strongly desired.
Excited about this challenge?
We offer a competitive salary, as well as an attractive set of benefits to our valued employees. Join our family friendly region while you build a dynamic career with an exciting, growing company. Equal Opportunity Employer
Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -