Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
Brief description of the key business objectives and/or duties of the position:
WISE is a Business Transformational Project for Supply Operations requiring detailed process changes, workflows and application integration to backstage systems.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Works with the business to identify existing issues or opportunities and clearly define the desired results, from the business perspective.
• Gathers and documents Business requirements, functional requirements, and use cases.
• Analyzes and documents Business Processes and help identify opportunities for improvement
• Performing business analysis activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level; working with key users in the continual improvement of business processes with store operations business processes within the store operations
• Reviews high level test plans, Business and System requirements based on Quality Assurance Plans.
• Assists in writing Store Training documentation.
• Provides basic end-user support in post-deployment phases, and supports the assessment and evaluation feedback process to ensure that the requirements necessary to correct issues are addressed.
• Helps identify opportunities for improving efficiency of application portfolio and associated business processes.
• Interfaces with vendor and developers to answer routine application and requirements questions. Escalates the more complex questions, but follows up as to resolution.
• Works with business owners and operations to review suggestions, system enhancements and production issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in retail or mail pharmacy.
• Clinical experience not required however, is a plus
• Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, documenting client specifications) to all levels of employees and external clients
• Basic level skill in Microsoft Office 2003 or later: Word (for example: creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics), Excel (for example: creating worksheets, entering data, creating basic formulas, working with cells and rows) and PowerPoint (for example: creating a new presentation from a design template, adding and removing slides, entering and formatting text, adding speaker notes, and viewing presentations).
• Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Healthcare.
• Knowledge of technical design processes and models
• Knowledge of processes to validate that the requirements have been met.
• Knowledge of pharmacy operations applications and workflow
• Experience documenting business or functional requirements
• Experience with SDLC / SW development processes (RUP, Agile, Waterfall).
• Experience with Requirements Specification and development: Process/Functional Requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, Use case development, Process flow diagrams.
• Experience using consulting skills and developing client relationships.
• Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
• Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
• Resourceful interpersonal skills, comfortable working with all levels of management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extremely detailed orientated with strong organizational skills
• Strategic thinker
• Proven ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
• Demonstrates ability to effectively interface with various levels within the organization
• Demonstrates strong leadership ability
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway Corp. - 14 months ago
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...