Jr Level - 1 or 2 yrs exp in BA
Data analysis or mapping is a +
core area: in IT space with BA
Contract to hire: only Citizens, Green card Holders and EADS.
Local candidates only. Inperson interview is required.
The Catastrophe Strategy & Analysis division is seeking a self-motivated
Business Systems Analyst to help enhance and maintain our CAT Modeling
production platform. You will be joining a group of dedicated professionals
charged with leading Travelers to be in position to endure catastrophic loss
from natural and man-made perils.
This position will work closely with our business customers and the IT
Development Team. The Business Systems Analyst will work in a team environment
analyzing business problems, devising solutions, producing documentation, and
supporting the software development work with the overall goal of ensuring that
the Catastrophe Strategy & Analysis systems deliver the functionality that
both our internal and external customers need. This individual will be expected
to become an expert on the business, products and workflow.
The major roles and responsibilities of this position will include:
• Analyze business needs and processes, and develop detailed requirements
documentation for changes, enhancements, and new development.
• Research and analyze business problems to determine if systems solutions are
advisable and available.
• Determine impacts to workflow and assist in the development of new workflows.
• Support both large enhancements and ongoing system maintenance work
• Support the planning and execution of testing.
• Assist in troubleshooting application issues with the business and
• Assist and support the definition, development, and implementation of
systems-based and non- systems-based solutions.
• Build close working relationships with both business and IT partners.
• Build understanding of the business unit supported.
• BA/BS in MIS, Computer Science, Communications or related field -GPA of 3.4+
• 1 or more years experience performing business systems analysis.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Property / Casualty insurance knowledge is preferred:
• Experience with following business analyst competencies:
- Requirements elicitation.
- Requirements documentation.
- Requirements management and communication.
• Experience with the following business analyst artifacts is preferred:
BRD -Business Requirements Document)
-Systems Requirements Document)
• Understands the impact of technical solutions on business workflows.
• Supports change through collaboration, brainstorming, asking questions, and
thinking outside of the box.
• Provides management with accurate and timely status information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Access / SQL and working with large datasets is
• Ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
• Ability to embrace feedback and the desire to further develop skills.
Sagarsoft - 19 months ago