JOB DESCRIPTION/MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES:|
- Experience working on business intelligence/data warehousing projects as assigned to provide the following services:
- Facilitates business stakeholder discussions to ensure that the business direction, high-level scope and dependencies are identified and documented.
- Elicits, analyzes, develops, documents and communicates the business requirements.
- Prioritizes business requirements on the basis of business need and where the business requirement naturally fits with the overall deployment plan.
- Analyzes and understands business requirements and translates them into scalable, high-value technical solutions.
- Understands existing business processes and facilitates efforts to re-engineer processes as needed for efficiency or other reasons.
- Develops the functional specifications.
- Proactively identifies project interdependencies and downstream system impacts.
- Assists/facilitates in moving projects forward by understanding and managing to the software development lifecycle.
- May provide functional guidance to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years proven work experience in business systems necessary or equivalent external work experience required.
- Requires complete understanding of the software development lifecycle and project management methodologies and tools.
- Solid understanding of relational databases, business intelligence reporting applications and query tools including SQL.
- Expertise in data analysis and strong SQL skills.
- Experience working with outsourced technical and testing teams and onshore/offshore methodologies.
- Experience with data warehouse/business intelligence applications and tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Can successfully function within a project team or work independently.
- Understanding of software technology tools and processes.
- Ability to convey complex ideas to business and technical staff.
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills necessary
- Good partnership building and negotiating skills required. Ability to partner with business leads as well as work with highly technical individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills required.
- Healthcare experience desired.