Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
For projects of diverse scope and complexity, the Business Systems Analyst serves as IT’s key link with business clients. Identifies and documents functional requirements, workflow, information resources and distribution paths, and system specifications. Conducts workflow, process diagrams and gap analysis. Evaluates existing application products and develops recommendations. Performs test planning and execution activities for assigned projects. Coordinates installation and first-use of new applications. Provides client support and training in the areas of planning, marketing, training and operating of automated systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyzes, defines and documents client requirements in support of assigned projects.
· Using detailed knowledge of application features and functions assesses scope and impact to the project.
· Identifies and documents cross-functional and/or cross-divisional, functional requirements, workflow, information resources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
· Participates in the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
· Conducts technical workflow, process diagrams and gap analysis.
· Designs interface and conversion needs for data and process to enhance existing systems or develop new ones.
· Analyzes and defines efficient, cost effective solutions that support client business processes and functional requirements.
· Evaluates existing application products that could address client requirements and develop recommendations where appropriate.
· Evaluates alternative operational efficiencies.
Writes detailed test plans that include test scenario’s and scripts, use cases.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) plus five years’ IT process management experience. Included in this experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science, MIS, Supply Chain, Logistics Management and/or equivalent work experience.
· 3+ years of experience defining and implementing business process improvements in supply chain management systems.
· 3+ years working experience with SQL interrogating databases for triage, design and quality assurance purposes.
· 3+ years quality assurance experience writing use cases, executing test scenarios and providing feedback to the development team.
· 1-2 full project life cycle Supply Chain Solution implementations and go-lives required.
· Project management of 3+ small projects coordinating with at least 2 other people.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.