Business Systems Consultant-710374
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our mission is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work!
As an associate at Capital One, you will have a high level of responsibility and autonomy from day one and can challenge yourself to excel alongside the brightest talent in the industry. Capital One is a place where you’re given the opportunity to make a big impact. We have built a progressive financial services powerhouse and become a leading Fortune 200 company. Here you’ll find a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment that values collaboration and technical abilities
You and Capital One – Better. Together.
Capital One is actively seeking Business Systems Consultants with expertise in providing consulting to IT and business partners/management on applying technology to solve for business opportunities via cross-functional applications. As a Sr. Manager level, Business Systems Consultant, you will act as a steward of business interest on a project, and be held accountable to deliver the right solution with a focus on product features, controls and cost. You will provide consulting to senior management (VP+) on department/domain-level challenges and opportunities and leverage domain knowledge, understanding of systems and relationships with business and IT players to create an environment where performers are motivated to do the right thing and excel.
Qualified candidates will have extensive experience as a Sr. Business Systems Analyst, experienceanalyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing systems logic difficulties as necessary. You will be responsible for defining scope, requirements, design, architecture, and systems integration of a new project/process. As a BSC, you will consult with development teams on requirements, functional architecture and implementation and provide guidance and advice to clients in use of business applications, including advanced functions and productivity enhancement, as well as providing senior level consulting services to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results.
Integration BSC and BSA responsibilities include:
- Ensure an integrated view of intent is maintained throughout all phases of the development life cycle and includes both the systems solution and business processes
- Responsible for integrated business and system requirements being appropriately documented and traced across platforms
- Communicate and engage with Platform BSAs, Technical Leads and other team members during all phases of delivery
- Maintain high level business requirements (from pre-delivery)
- Ensure integrated business and system requirements are appropriately documented and traced across platforms
- Engage platform resources for platform-specific deliverables as part of the integrated solution
- Determine Business Process Impacts, partnering with process analysis and improvement leads
- Provide guidance and direction regarding business intent and high level requirements
- Facilitate documentation review and obtain necessary approvals
- Ensure requirements are accurately input into the appropriate tool
- Manage requirements change control process and documentation
- Ensure PCRs, FOD, RFP and other documentation needed for development is complete and accurate
- Work with third parties to ensure system requirements are accurate and complete
- Support Quality Services through the testing phase
- Bachelors Degree
- 4+ years experience in Business Systems Analysis and Design
- 4+ years gathering and documenting user requirements
- 1+ year experience in facilitating user acceptance testing
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- Project Management, Business Process Management - Lean, Six Sigma
- 5 Years experience in Business Systems Analysis
- 5 Years experience in Development experience in data movement and database design
- 2 Years experience in Project Management
- 2 Years experience in Software Development
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Richmond-Richmond-West Creek 3 (12073)
Other Locations: United States-Virginia-McLean-Northern VA-McLean Campus (19050)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One - 18 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...