New York City-based Borderfree is the recognized market leader in international ecommerce, operating a technology and services platform that the world’s most iconic brands rely on to expand globally and transact with customers in 103 countries and territories and more than 60 currencies worldwide. Borderfree manages all aspects of international online retailing including: localized pricing and payment processing, landed cost calculation, customs clearance and brokerage, fraud management, logistics orchestration, and customer-experience parity. For more information, visit www.borderfree.com .
To be successful in this role the Business Systems Developer is expected to efficiently collect requirements, analyze systems, architect and document solutions, and deliver well developed business systems in a rapidly expanding company. The candidate must be a conscientious, creative, and independent performer, able to deliver solutions that can be relied upon for critical business functions. Additionally the candidate must collaborate with internal and external resources, to ensure the solutions meet the business needs, and will provide training and technical knowledge of systems.
- Participates in pre-define, define, commence and conduct phases of a project, program or maintenance request.
- Performing project tasks within scope, quality and timeframe commitments.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, business partners, vendor assigned resources and any other available resource to research, evaluate solution options and provide recommended solution approach
- Review business requirements, provide tactical guidance, design solution architecture, develop, test, and deploy business applications
- Create controlled development and production systems and generate supporting documentation.
- 10+ progressive years in relevant environment and or role
- Bachelor's Degree and advanced certifications
- This position requires the ability to understand the business systems developers job function and what can be done to continuously improve this role as a problem solver
- Deep knowledge of major databases, programming languages, and system to system interfaces
- Experience with both Operational and Financial systems in public multi-national, multi-currency, high volume, PCI compliant, dynamic environment
- Architect a variety of systems including interfaces (EDI and User), third party implementations, and unique solutions for hard to solve problems
- Able to deal with imperfect startup-style reporting and systems and the frustration they can occasionally cause
- Knowledge of agile development, business process redesign, and business modeling
- Excellent time management and multitasking/prioritization abilities
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications to include MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
Borderfree - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
New York City-based Borderfree is a market leader in international cross-border ecommerce solutions, operating a technology and services...